Dating a busy man

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating a busy man

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

heidimb
    Participant
    January 23, 2016 at 11:48 pm #92025
    Dating a busy man

Ive been dating this guy since aug 2015.. He is really busy with work and he travels up and down texas frequently (2 times a weeks in a plane) to work at different locations. He sometimes even works 12 days in a row. He came to see me and we had a great time. A couple months after, i told him if he thinks he’s too busy that this relationship is not going to work. He told me that, he doesn’t think he’s busy, he likes me and he will make time. i told him since my work doesn’t require so much, i can come see him for a weekend. On christmas, i went to go see him and we had a great time and hit it off. A couple of weeks after, things didn’t change, he was working for 12 days straight and even traveled 8 times in 2 weeks, i brought up the “busy” topic again. He said no he’s not busy he will make time. 3 days later, he said he has to be real and he is busy, and its not fair for me. i miss him. i regret it. We haven’t talked in a week. What should i do? should i just move on?

Anonymous
    January 29, 2016 at 9:16 pm #92453

It’s simple. The guy is busy! That will NEVER change as long as he has the kind of job that requires that. He is busy for a reason though. He sounds like a workaholic. You sure you want someone like that? People that choose careers that require 95% of their time are usually running away from their feelings…from life. They don’t have a good balance between work, quiet, fun, relationships. They pick careers that do not allow that. Success and money are more important to them than anything else. There is a REASON for that!!! I don’t know what his reason is, but it is a MAJOR hinderance in a relationship! Workaholics, althought companies love them, are addicted to being busy. Down time and quiet time is very uncomforable for them! Realtiy is, he has not designed his life in a way that allows for deep intimacy. DO NOT regret asking for your needs! He went away because he could not meet them. I”m so sorry that you miss him, but staying with him, you would end up missing him

Anonymous
    January 29, 2016 at 9:21 pm #92454

a lot as well! I would rather miss him for a bit and heal from the disconnect and continue my search, than to stay in it and continue missing him without an end! That is torture! This is a powerful saying that I think applies…..”I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.” Robin Williams. Good luck! Know your value!