Dating a friend's friend.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Destined117
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 7:31 am #130770

I’m in a bit of a hard place,
    I dated a girl back in highschool, after three years of dating we broke up but found out we are better as friends. It’s been about 4 years since we dated but have become really close friends. I met her best friend in that time and began to develop a friendship with her as well. As things developed I started getting really involved with the friend and found out we share alot in common. Now the situation has come to both me and this friend wanting to date. We both share the same level of desire for one another but our mutual friend has a problem with it. Even after years of being friends she still looks at it as her friend dating her ex (me). I’m wanting advice on how I can make this situation ok for her to understand.

petrwohanka
    Participant
    April 7, 2017 at 5:21 am #132441

Your ex is just being jealous of you two happy together and I’m afraid no words of sense can be found to bring it home to her. Either ur current girlfriend give up with ur ex or its gonna be a terrible mess for all of u.
    I remember traveling in a company of friends over St. Petersburg and there was my ex and but my new girlfriend had to stay home. The point is they are kinda friends. But my ex got really furious at me for my preferring to her friend, she was trying to hide it as she could. One night we went out to hang out and she tried to set me up as she took to some local bar Zavist, had me drunk. It’s a strip bar with beauty ladies show so I liked it and had coupla laps nothing more to it. I chilled out but my ex b*itch then when we returned home was trying to make it look for my girl as cheating. Stupid bullshit, now u see what a jealous woman can be up to!

morescarben4
    Participant
    April 7, 2017 at 9:09 am #132450

In my opinion it is wery weird and i wouldn’t do something simillar ;d

SHOKH
    SHOKH
    Participant
    April 7, 2017 at 10:16 am #132494

Friend have a sleep together because thay are just friends!

mylove123
    mylove123
    Participant
    April 7, 2017 at 2:57 pm #132581

I’m just turned off by a guy after I found out he’s been dating a friend. I don’t know why guys don’t care about this or even her girl friend who is supposed to be a friend. It’s not calling dibs. It’s just something you don’t do, especially if you dated for years. It would be different if it was just a fling but you actually dated that girl and you think it’s okay to date her friend she hangs out with? What would you think if the roles were reversed, would you be okay with her dating your guy bestie and be honest.

Not cool. She’s not a friend if she dates you.

Jose
    Participant
    June 2, 2017 at 8:49 am #138177

What you say really makes sense but what if she really gets on him and he’s head over heels now. Bottling up your feeling, fighting it is not a good option