Dating a girl for 2 months, but now it seems like she's throwing up walls

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Andrizzle
    Participant
    September 1, 2014 at 12:27 pm #60471

I’m a 23 y.o. guy been dating a 23 y.o. girl for about 2 months now. Things have been going great. She’s started including herself in my group of friends and in the last couple weeks, we’ve seen each other pretty much all weekend.

We still haven’t slept over or had sex yet. We make out and hold hands and are intimate in other ways. Last weekend we spent pretty much every day together. I was getting ready to have a relationship talk with her and I was dropping hints that it was coming.

Friday we all went out and she was kinda distant, we talked and but didn’t really hold hands or anything. We did kiss when she went home. But things just felt weird.

The next day I went over to her place and said we needed to talk. We talked for probably about an hour. I laid everything on the table, why we haven’t had sex yet, I felt that things felt different, the works. I found out she had ended an abusive relationship about a year ago.

Andrizzle
    Participant
    September 1, 2014 at 12:29 pm #60472

She said that she enjoys spending time and talking with me, but that she has had a hard time letting guys in and that when she starts feeling to comfortable with guys she throws a wall. She said that she wasn’t ready for a relationship, so I asked her if she wanted to keep dating but just take things slow. She said she did and that things were fine the way they were right now. We kissed for a good while after and I said I was happy we talked and she said she was, too.

Yesterday, a bunch of my friends of my friends went to a football game and she and her friend were supposed to come. She made an effort to come find me, I missed her calls and eventually we met up right before the game. Her friend was being a huge bitch, though. As soon as we met up, my girl said they had been fighting all day. We were together for maybe 5 minutes and then her friend said I have your ticket and then just walked off. So my girl had to run after her so we didn’t even really get to spend time together.

Andrizzle
    Participant
    September 2, 2014 at 8:48 am #60473

My question is, should I just back off for a couple days and give her some space? I’ve read that girls who have been in abusive relationships take a lot longer for things to progress because they have a hard time trusting.