dating a girl who just came out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

wassupJD
    wassupJD
    Participant
    November 10, 2012 at 3:36 pm #15774

my gf of a few weeks is adorable! She just came out this past month or so and I guess she chose me (insert me cheesin it) to be her first girlfriend. I feel like a veteran and I’m showing her how to be comfortable with herself and not letting people get in her head. So far so good, I hope she doesn’t decide to go back to guys, we get along like best friends.

isis_brown
    isis_brown
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 4:45 pm #16176

That’s so sweet to hear. Hope it works out for the best! She’ll be intimidated by a lot of things as long as you fully support her, respect her decisions and let her move at her own pace. goodluck 😛

blogitt_now
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 11:21 am #16266

Ya know I dated a cute girl who also came out only a year before we started dating, she only had a short term relationship before me but I was pleasantly surprised at how well she carried herself. She was at times hesitant to be outspoken about who she was but when she needed to defend herself to naive people, she would with poise.

The best part about that relationship (which was 6 months) was that I learned a lot about myself too. I learned to really see things with a refreshing point of view and I didn’t let those harsh criticisms from the media and naive friends get to me as bad.

MoneyTree
    MoneyTree
    Participant
    November 16, 2012 at 10:45 am #16434

This is really sweet, when I first came out I dated a mature girl who was about 5 years ahead of me, confidence-wise. She showed me the importance of being proud of your choices, no matter if you regret them or not, it’s something nobody can take from you.

bubblyjo
    bubblyjo
    Participant
    November 20, 2012 at 10:55 am #16774

isis_brown wrote:That’s so sweet to hear. Hope it works out for the best! She’ll be intimidated by a lot of things as long as you fully support her, respect her decisions and let her move at her own pace. goodluck :-P

That’s a nice thing to say! Us gay girls need to stick together and support one another.

CleoKnows
    CleoKnows
    Participant
    November 26, 2012 at 6:29 pm #17265

Just be careful not to move in together too fast. I know plenty of young people who think there hopelessly in love but when they move in they realize there not meant to be.

heather2050
    Participant
    January 5, 2017 at 7:21 pm #121968

!