Dating a man used to being alone?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

singlemom1
    Participant
    August 26, 2015 at 2:50 pm #84842

I recently started dating a guy who has been mostly single for some years. He has had some flings I guess, and in some ways I think some of them have hurt him but in other ways when he talks i don’t get the impression that they much more than hook up. My problem is that I kinda feel like I’m getting pushed and pulled: one day he is open and honest and sweet. he always acts like he cares, it’s just his words that give me the run around. One day he says he isn’t the great guy I think he is, the next he is a nice guy. One day I’m amazing for him, the next he says he asked me out to be nice. It feels like he wants to be with me but is afraid of getting used to having me there and maybe is trying to convince himself he would be fine if I left. there are many more examples of it feeling like he is hesitant to trust I’ll stay/my motives, but in general, if anyone has been in his shoes, how can I best get him through this? I know being patient and staying, but is there anything I can say?

singlemom1
    Participant
    August 26, 2015 at 2:56 pm #84843

Adding: ultimately I really care about him. I would like for him to be able to be with me without worrying so much about me leaving. I want him to feel safe with me. I would like to know the best way to reassure him im not using him or playing with his heart. I am sincere.