Dating a ReallyShy Guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating a ReallyShy Guy

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anna
    Participant
    March 31, 2015 at 2:14 pm #76377
    Dating a ReallyShy Guy

I work with this really really shy and timid guy. I have known him for a couple of years before he went to work to a different department. Then recently we ended up on the same corporate event and made out (I was the driver for it). We have been talking ever since (for like 1.5 month). The only problem is that even though he texts sometimes to ask me how I am doing, he never really asks me out, it is always me who initiates asking out. He always says yes and we always have a great time. Should it bother me that he never puts effort into asking me out? Can I attribute it to the fact that he is super shy and inexperienced with women or should I just let it go and move on? If he was a regular guy, I would have let it go, but because of him awkwardness I am not sure whether he is just not that into me or his shyness causes him act that way? Thank you for any input.

benjamiin
    Participant
    April 11, 2015 at 7:31 am #77081

Ask him out, if it doesn’t bother you that he is so shy and not brave.

betteroffenchanted
    Participant
    April 12, 2015 at 2:27 pm #77098

I would definitely say it’s because he’s shy. If you truly think there’s a connection between the two of you, I wouldn’t worry about being the one to ask him out consistently

Dom_KSL
    Dom_KSL
    Participant
    April 13, 2015 at 8:34 am #77084

Should it bother you? IDK the question is does it bother you…..he might just be scared out of his mind….lol
    Talk to him about it…..-chuckles- maybe over a non-pressure coffee somewhere.

sweetgirl
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 4:20 am #77334

Ask Him out! It doesnt hurt to try. I reckon you should go for it, if you dont mind shyness

Frankybeans
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 10:59 am #77350

I think its a little more complicated than that. Shy guys need time to relax. I can relate.

Appleclutter
    Appleclutter
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 10:38 pm #77453

Give him a chance. He is more likely to care about you more and have stronger feelings because he is shy 🙂

cleckop000
    Participant
    April 18, 2015 at 11:32 pm #77534

As a shy guy myself, the situation usually is that we want others to make the first move. Don’t be offended.

EvenSteven
    Participant
    April 20, 2015 at 7:10 pm #77602

He sounds similar to me in my situation. I know I am shy, but I also feel old fashioned and that I should be the one arranging things with the girl in question, so I came here for advice on how to do that. I can say that while I would be kicking myself a bit if the girl was always the one asking me out, I would also be grateful. Perhaps while out on another date, you could mention, or hint at, him asking you sometime. Let him know you want him to, because if it goes on for too long with you asking him, he will grow accustomed to that, and it may take away any urge he has to asking you if he knows you will ask him.

MartialArtist
    Participant
    April 21, 2015 at 8:44 am #77635
    Reply To: Dating a ReallyShy Guy

give it a go, he may have been wanting to ask you out but chickened out for fear of being rejected

JC8x
    Participant
    April 30, 2015 at 8:40 am #78140
    Reply To: Dating a ReallyShy Guy

Shy people aren’t just bad at taking the initiative to ask someone out, they’re bad at detecting signals that someone is interested in them. I would probably show more patience if you can tell that he’s interested in you, despite his shyness.