dating a single mom question

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 10:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

trew01
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 12:55 pm #141547

So I have been friends with this woman for years and we have developed an attraction for one another and started dating. well if you consider it dating. problem is this, we make plans and they get canceled for understandable reasons ex… her kids are sick, her friend is bringing her sons friend over for the weekend, she’s busy with work and kids after work etc.., her son had a fight with a neighbor kid cant call or talk and when I understand and ask wen would be a good time she says when she’s not cool anymore to her son who is upset and spending time with her. which means not for the rest of the day. the list goes on.

My thoughts are why is she even bothering getting involved with someone when she cant even manage a phone call once in a blue moon for a few tiny minutes? is this the normal mentality of single moms? wants to date but then shows no time or even the effort to communicate in the simplest of ways?
    am I over reacting to this? I mean I’ve been super patient.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 4:54 pm #141618

you have to give her rom when it’s a kid and ayoung kid. kids are unpredictable and demanding… things happen outof the blue all the time and there is no such thing as “scheduling” with kids. it doesn’t work that way.

just be patient. maybe catch a quick 5-10 min good night call each night to give her a great end to each night.. maybe agreat start to each day. or a mid-day break to break it up … single parenting is even worse – be patient, understnading… in the end.. you will always be 2nd fiddle to the kid – either you can accept that or no.