Dating a widow with kids

Author
    Comments

• cjjr82
    Participant
    September 25, 2016 at 8:20 pm #112436
    Dating a widow with kids

Hello all,
    A couple months ago was working with a woman and we became friendly and quickly started dating. From the beginning she has told me her situation, which is that of a widow with 2 kids and working a full time job. Her husband dies in September, so she told me that would be a hard month and wasn’t sure how it would affect her. When we started dating she made the first move, she asked me out and she initiated sex. Things were great. We were spending a large amount of time together, some of which included her kids. We texted everyday, had long conversations about life and everything about each other. We talked about things we’d like to do together, trips we’d like to go on together, and things seemed fairly serious.
    After 3 weeks of this things seemed to slow insanely. I stopped getting daily texts, only saw each other twice over the next month. She told me it was due to family issues and having a lot to deal with.
    Character limit, so continued in the next post…

cjjr82
    Participant
    September 25, 2016 at 8:29 pm #112437

A week after that she had a death in the family and I heard less from her. Now it’s September and it’s been mostly silent from her end. I still get replies to my texts when I say good morning or ask how she is. I’ve been reading a lot of things talking about dating widows and dating mothers and trying to see her side and understand things.
    Part of me questions things and wonders if all of those things are really what caused the lack of communication or if she just doesn’t really want me in her life anymore. She has said she’s not trying to push me away and doesn’t want me out of her life and that next month things will be better, but it’s still hard. She doesn’t really text but still constantly posts of FB. I am the kind of person who reads into everything and I’ve also read how people sometimes will drag things out just because they don’t want to hurt someone.
    Just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation, dating a mother or dating a widow and how things were.

Coconutty
    Coconutty
    Participant
    September 26, 2016 at 4:05 am #112442

Women dont dislike a man whos honest and open. If youre curious of her interests then ask. At this point the worst that can happen is she says shes not ready or interested and then at least you know whats up. Otherwise if youre still interested and ok with waiting for her to be available to you then id say just continue to be kind and there and just see where it goes.

audreyep89
    Participant
    September 26, 2016 at 9:56 pm #112541

i myself dated a guy with two kids about 5 months after his wife passed, i think when they loose a spouse they rush into something with someone to feel something and it does feel good at first but then they feel guilty and start reliving memories again and i think its just alot for them to deal with ya know, trying to move on and start a new life without them. Im sure she really likes you but she prob is feeling so many emotions and prob guilt for moving on. it prob has nothing to do with you.