Dating a woman with Crazy EX

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

divorceddat45211
    Participant
    January 18, 2013 at 3:00 pm #20810

OK here goes. I am recently divorced and met a great woman. We both really like each other and are very serious. She has two kids and has shared custody with her EX. Issue is her EX is NUTS. Always asking her where she is going and who she is with. She mentioned introducing me to her kids and he flipped. He even dropped the kids off at 1:30am while I was there (it was his night with the kids) because he knew I was there. I dont want to get into what he has said/done, just wondering how I should deal with this. She is thinking about getting full custody, but in the meantime, should I have a chat with him? I can share more details if need be, but for now this is all I want to share, lets just say this guy is verbally and emotionally abusive, there is no doubt about it.

Anonymous
    January 21, 2013 at 6:27 pm #20848

Sounds rough! Looks like he wants to have his cake and eat it too!

How long have you been dating this woman? If it’s less than 6 months I don’t think you should meet the kids yet (my opinion) and truthfully, DO NOT talk to the ex. It won’t help if he is verbally abusive, it could lash out onto the kids and your new woman.

an artists logic
    Participant
    January 21, 2013 at 11:05 pm #20868

Though eventually, if you two get serious enough to live together, a conversation with the x is inevitable…

divorceddat45211
    Participant
    January 25, 2013 at 3:16 pm #21277

Yes you are correct a conversation with the EX is inevitable. Believe me when I say it will take all of my self control for that conversation to be “civil”