Dating advice…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating advice…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

snowwhite0214
    Participant
    December 15, 2014 at 12:56 pm #69186
    Dating advice…

So I was out of the dating game for a long time. I recently met this guy on line and we started emailing each other then met for drinks. I thought we had a good time and as we ended the evening he told me he wanted to kiss me – but there were a ton of people standing around and I wasn’t comfortable and neither was he. We have been texting and met for dinner on Saturday. I again thought we had a good time, the conversation flowed, he was very honest and open and overall I thought we had a good time. At the end of the night he hugged me, said it was good conversation (and he may have shared too much), talk to you soon and got into his car. I honestly didn’t think I would hear from him again; he texted me when he got home, had a good time. He has continued to text, initiated by him and I enjoy talking to him. I am however just confused as to where we are going. I can’t figure out if he’s attracted to me or just wants to be friends. Thoughts?

marina
    Participant
    December 15, 2014 at 8:44 pm #69247

Hello, Snowwhite:

You mention, that you have been out of a dating game for a while. Do you mind my asking, how old you are?
    Unfortunately, we live in the time of fast… everything. We watch movies where people kiss and jump into bed on a first date. But if you think about it, it used to be different. A kiss, a first kiss used to mean something. From what I understand, you only met twice. And he is clearly interested, otherwise he would not be communicating with you or asking you for the second date. Men are as confused and shy as we are these days. They don’t understand what women want. There are no clear “rules” anymore. You mention, that he asked if he could kiss you, so obviously he was interested. Not all men are “aggressive” enough as to come out and kiss you even on a second date. You need to encourage him the next time you see each other. With a body language, flirtation. Be a woman that you are. Show with your eyes and a warm smile that you are interested.

babo
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 4:27 pm #69293

Sounds like he is feeling you out. But I would make sure that you do not fall into that buddy zone, and if it was me, Ill just ask what his intensions are lol

arianaxoxo
    Participant
    December 17, 2014 at 2:07 pm #69358

Obviously he’s interested in you if he messaged you as soon as he got home..

loveisreal
    Participant
    December 23, 2014 at 2:25 pm #69568

Making sure you got home is always a good sign. It’s always hard to establish where things are going in the beginning, unless you are direct and ask about it. If that’s hard to do, just wait it out and try to pick up on the hints in terms of body language and the kinds of things you talk about.