Dating an 5 year older guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

louy65
    Participant
    March 9, 2016 at 10:01 pm #95325

I am a girl of 15 that has fallen in love with a guy that is 20. We have a secret relationship, but not an actual relationship. I mean we kiss, flirt, and that kind of stuff. I feel 100% amazing when i’m with him. I’m constantly happen and bubbly. Yes, i’m young but i’m mature for my age. We have talked about dating and what could possibly happen. Everything just feels right when i’m with him. Is bad if we were to date? Our families know each other very well. His dad seems to not care that we flirt and my mom doesn’t seem to care about it either, she constantly asks if he’s my boyfriend yet. Then his mom and my dad have no clue. I need some great advice, what should I do? Is that bad if we were to honestly date?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  louy65.

Green2711
    Participant
    March 9, 2016 at 10:45 pm #95329

Personally. I wouldn’t. Dd you read what happened Adam Johnson recently? You are still under the legal age and even kissing could get this guy in trouble even if you are consenting to it you are still considered a child in the eyes of the law. The best advice I can give you is to wait till you are 16 as that is the legal age. Not to sound condescending though but even though you may feel mature for your age I will say at 15 you don’t know what is best for yourself even if you feel you do. I’m a guy btw and I wouldn’t entertain it however I don’t feel an age gap is a problem as I dated a girl who was 5 years older than myself but we was both of legal age.

Green2711
    Participant
    March 10, 2016 at 12:04 am #95344

*isn’t a problem

louy65
    Participant
    March 10, 2016 at 12:21 am #95345

As well to where i live, most girls my age are with guys that are twice there age. I’ve also put in perspective when we talked about it we planned to wait till I am 16 to start dating but from now until then we plan to be mostly friends and get to know each other very well. Him and I are amazing friends, mostly like a brother to me, and most of this never was planned to happen. It all started as a little crush, then him showing me he cares about me, as i mean in that he always had my back, sat with me and helped me make very hard decisions and comforted me when i would cry. As of now, would it be okay if we talked?

californiagirl855
    Participant
    March 10, 2016 at 3:02 am #95348

I feel like every situation is different, so I can’t judge yours. I CAN say that 15 is really, really young, and that is coming from someone who was a VERY mature 15 year old. I’m 31 now, and looking back on that time, I was like.. wow, I really was so innocent. All I can tell you is to PLEASE just try to take it as slowly as you possibly can. It’s wonderful to have a “first love” type experience, but you have to really know that this guy is in it because he likes you, not for any other reason (like using you). Him being 20 is a little off-putting. Have you tried asking your mom or dad’s advice? I would if I were you. Good luck! 😉

Green2711
    Participant
    March 10, 2016 at 4:58 am #95350

Indeed, he may have his heart in the right place but something you’ll learn as you get older is that guys always come off as charming at first, think about it when a woman is in a relationship with an abusive guy do you think he was abusive to begin with? No, he probably was there for her and charmed her pants off. I don’t know the guy but all I am saying is be careful because not everyone is what they seem and a lot are after one thing, spend more time and get to know him because as californiagirl855 said you are still young, innocent and probably a little naive when it comes to relationships. I’m not trying to insult the guy, I don’t know him he could be lovely and really care for you so I hope I don’t come across this way, just trying to give you advice from experiences I have had in life and people I have known who have been in similar situations and it has ended badly for them (normally with a kid at a young age and a father who did a runner). Just take your time and take it easy.

heavensent1108
    Participant
    March 10, 2016 at 9:47 am #95370

You are 15 and he is 20! You are too young to be with a man that age. If you were 20 and he were 25 it would be different! You need to finish hs and worry about being 15 … Not thinking about a grown up relationship!