dating and have depressed gf

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

viper67
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 6:14 pm #39377

what your thoughts on dating a having a gf that has depression and take fluxotaine(prozac) 10mg everyday. at times she very negative and makes argument and slight over sensitve so if i say something she get heart very easily. she told me she took the meds for 2 year now but another guy mutual friend who knew her long ago said she was taking it when she was 19 and shes 25 now.

anyone here has experience with ppl who has depression and goes counselling once a week and take that meds fluxotaine

i jsut stick with her since i cant find a new gf and its very hard for me

theABQ
    theABQ
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm #40055

She should see a professional no one on a forum should give you advice about depressiun unless they are a therapist and can prove it. Tell your girl you will go see someone with her to talk out the issues

TFerguson
    TFerguson
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm #40056

I’ve had experience with someone who has been diagnosed with depression and honestly, it’s extremely hard to be in a relationship with someone like that. While I can’t generalize for the whole “depression” community, many times when you feel like you’re pouring your heart out or being as supportive as you can – it just doesn’t matter to the girlfriend. After a certain point, enough becomes enough and if they can’t realize how good you are even through their depression, it may be time to move on.

Agreed. As hard as that is to do…

TFerguson
    TFerguson
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:20 pm #40058

She should see a professional no one on a forum should give you advice about depressiun unless they are a therapist and can prove it. Tell your girl you will go see someone with her to talk out the issues

Ding ding, correct answer here.