Dating anxiety

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating anxiety

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

WubbaLubbaDubDub
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 7:26 pm #120366
    Dating anxiety

I’ve never really posted a tread on a forum before so this is quite strange for me. Where to start..? Okay, I’m a 22 year old business student from the UK, I’m no Idris Elba but I’d like to think that I’m fairly good looking.

I’ve basically been single my entire life, excluding a 3 month fling with a friend a few years ago.
    When I’m on a night out and have a few drinks I turn into a completely different person and I have no problem talking to girls. So here’s the problem… I only ever have one night stands. If my teenage self was reading this he’d probably applaud but honestly, I’d rather find stability and be in a relationship.

Side note: In the last year I’ve gone through some other personal things which have somewhat shaken my confidence (when sober at least).

It’s almost as if I’ve forgotten how to even start a conversation with a girl I’d like to approach.

Any advice is welcome 🙂

2636ds
    Participant
    December 16, 2016 at 11:53 am #120412

It sounds like starting the conversation is not an issue for you…since it seems you are able to talk to women in bars, have one night stands, etc?
    If you are trying to progress from one night stands, you just need to make the girl feel like she is listened and cared for. Ask her how her day is, tell her something about your day, etc… It’s not uncommon for a girl to have a one night stand and then later it progresses into a relationship.
    If you are looking to start the conversation different so it doesn’t lead to a one night stand first (better approach), then look at how you are talking to her. Spend more time asking about her life and her interests, and less time complimenting her. I know for me, when a guy I don’t know starts complimenting me too much, I feel like he is trying to sleep with me. Stay classy but stay interested in her answers.
    Also, if you can think of something amusing to say about the situation/place you’re both in – she will laugh and let her guard down.