Dating as Christians.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating as Christians.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

musiclovr
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 1:22 am #133866
    Dating as Christians.

My crush and I are practicing Christians so therefor we are trying to hold off on sex and hooking up. We love hanging out and enjoy each other’s time but the temptation is always there…it got to be too much that we stopped seeing each other. Longing for each other, but not wanting to make our relationship about a hook up. Is there any way to save this or is this a thing where two people can’t hang out with each other because we are too tempted? It’s not that we aren’t interested at all…it’s just that we don’t want to treat each other like a hook up. I can’t be in the same room as him without thinking about jumping on him, that’s how much we are attracted to each other we can’t have a normal friendship. Have you ever been able to be friends/date someone you’re really attracted to without hooking up?

Anonymous
    April 24, 2017 at 11:19 am #134154

As a Christian myself, try to meet in public or where you have peers close. Secondly, if you don’t see yourself marrying him in six months, it is just lust.

SnowGirl
    Participant
    May 20, 2017 at 1:54 pm #137062

First, I’m wondering how old you and your crush are? Is something long-term on your mind with this person? Even though it’s our culture to just date to date, both in and outside of the church community, the real purpose of dating someone is to see if this is someone you want to marry or at least someone you want to be with long term. It’s important to be intentional about your actions because that can help clarify what you want and what is important to you. If you have marriage as an end goal, than I think it’s easier to wait because you see an end in sight. Otherwise, I think it would be very difficult to just be with someone to be with someone, especially someone you are very attracted to. You should be attracted to the person you are interested in, but if that’s all there is, that is not enough for a solid relationship. As Anonymous said, it could just be lust.

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    May 21, 2017 at 4:37 pm #137086

Yeah, I definitely agree with all of the other comments. Maybe you guys should just hold off for a while and see of it is just lust or if you genuinely care for each other beyond that. Are feelings, deep feelings attached? I do applaud you both as a Christian myself for resisting the urge to take your relationship to a next level however.

JassonNg
    JassonNg
    Participant
    May 21, 2017 at 4:44 pm #137087

Yup I aso agree with all of these cmts . you should make up yourself to be more interested in .