DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating confusion

Author
    Comments

• dreaz
    Participant
    October 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm #112950
    Dating confusion

I have been seeing this guy for 4 weeks. He’s 3 years older. We both got out of 3yr relationships about 2-3 months ago. I did something out of character and decided to go home with him on the second date because I’m not focused on getting a bf or anything serious now. He told me he’s the first he’s been with in months and he’s not dating anyone else or kissing anyone else and he suggested he wants the same from me. He also wants me to sleep over during the week but I’m not able to.
    For the last two weeks we saw each other only twice vs 2-3 times in the beginning. He doesn’t make an effort to drive 30 min to my town he even flaked once I guess because he can’t come over to my house. So, I drive 30 min to see him always. He says he will make it up to me which he hasn’t and he’s been late a couple times in past. I texted him 2 days ago, he texted back but I didn’t reply again because I got busy. I wonder if he is loosing interest in me or what I should do now? I like him.

October 10, 2016 at 9:16 am #113523

Dreaz – are you now looking for a relationship? Or have you stated to him that this is only casual? If you’re sending the message that you just want something casual, that may be partly why he’s flaking and thinking he doesn’t have to invest much of his time. If you’re feelings have changed, make sure to be up front about that so everyone is on the same page or you can move forward if hes not.

Austin Powers
    Austin Powers
    Participant
    October 11, 2016 at 11:13 pm #113826

I agree with onlinedatingfailures I know as a guy I wouldn’t invest much into a girl who said things were only casual.

MereModesty
    MereModesty
    Participant
    October 12, 2016 at 1:32 am #113828

For the last two weeks we saw each other only twice vs 2-3 times in the beginning.

Is that that much of a difference? Or am I misunderstanding what you’re saying? You’re saying that the first two weeks you saw him likely 3 times, while you have only seen him 2 times the last two weeks, right? If that’s the case, I really don’t think there is that much of an issue here, at least with how often you’re seeing him. I wouldn’t say the other signs automatically indicate disinterest as much as a low level of commitment. But I feel like that’s pretty normal at this stage in the relationship.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by MereModesty MereModesty.

Jane98
    Participant
    October 15, 2016 at 2:28 pm #114208

This happened me in my first relationship. The guy was being so casual for about 2 months and after that I just realised he was really shy and didn’t have much luck with previous relationships so he was just getting to know me better before things got serious!