Dating experiences after 50. Is this all there is or am I too picky?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Me by the bay
    Participant
    August 23, 2014 at 11:12 pm #59894

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and thought it would be a good idea for me to get involved here. On to my dating dilemma. I am now 2 months shy of my 60th birthday and still have @ 2 years until full retirement. My current job is very demanding and I have no energy to have someone waiting for me at home after I return from work. Many men have stated that I do not have ample time to invest in a serious relationship while I still work. I finally agree with them and now feel that I can be happily single until I retire. In the meantime, I plan to get out there and socialize with friends and family and do all of the things I enjoy and not focus on dating and meeting men. I hope this will free me from the cycle of dating with no purpose. I love men and their attention; however; I prefer my alone time in the evenings after a tough day at work. Men that I meet want the following: to get married, to live with me or to somehow be with me more than I want to be with them. Thoughts? Advice?

diva820
    Participant
    August 25, 2014 at 8:50 am #59902

Timing is always key in pursuit of a relationship. It sounds like you are prioritizing your time to fit your current commitments so just go have fun, meet people, and enjoying time with friends and family (on your terms). There is nothing wrong with this, especially if you are okay. From my experience, I have learned that the best love relationships are formed when you are not looking or focused on a relationship.

Confounded478
    Confounded478
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 3:21 pm #86179

I am retired from full-time work (some part-time) and I still need most of my time for myself. The men I’m meeting want more, so, I find a way to push them away…usu. for good reason, but, in the end, I just don’t have the energy to cater to them. They are like big babies! I’m finding that women after 55 just don’t feel the need to have a man around all the time. I’ve spoken to women who have ailing husbands sitting at home watching t.v. Biggest responsibility is walking the dog. The wife has lost total respect for the man and is seldom home (she doesn’t even want to retire because she’ll have to sit at home with him.)