DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating in School

Author
    Comments

• aTackfish
    Participant
    July 30, 2016 at 2:11 pm #106975
    Dating in School

There’s this girl in a couple of my labs that I’ve been flirting with throughout the summer. I wanted to ask her out, but I was only ever around her with like 7 or 8 other people, so it would have been awkward of me to interrupt lab to ask her out. However, now both labs have ended and I’m wondering what to do. Earlier in the summer, she invited a bunch of people through Facebook to watch the NBA finals at a sports bar. I sent a message to her on there telling her to text me with the details. She did, so I got her number, but we haven’t texted since then. Would it be weird to contact her through that number to ask her to get drinks or something?

blubedibu
    Participant
    August 6, 2016 at 7:58 am #107717

I don’t think it would be weird at all but I would encourage you to text a simple ‘hey’ and maybe already start texting a bit before asking her out so you already get to know each other a little bit before meeting.

Pinkpeach
    Participant
    August 7, 2016 at 8:47 am #107728

No, it wouldn’t be weird at all! I think that she’d like that you’re taking initiativ. Text her for a while and then once you know each other a bit more, ask her out to drinks. It can’t be *that* difficult 😉

leofcb
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 4:20 am #107795

Text her. But be a man about it. Don’t text her a hey. Text her something like: It’s been a couple of weeks since we last had lab together. I was wondering how you are doing and what you are up to. See where that text takes you…

she can either be like I’m doing great and just hanging out and working…what have you been up to? That’s when you can be like, cool. i wanted to now if you’re doing anything this weekend because i wanted to go grab some drinks and catch up with you.

or she can be like….doing good, just went out last night with my man.

You can save yourself the trouble there.

aTackfish
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 1:34 am #107931

Could I give a quick update? We were talking for a bit when I saw that it was her birthday. I texted her happy birthday and said that I owed her on drink once our tests were done to celebrate. She invited me get drinks with her and some friends on Wednesday. Wednesday rolled around and I hadn’t heard from her so I asked if she was still planning on going. She responded like 2 hours later saying that she was already there. Happy hour ended like 15 minutes from that point, so I pretty much just figured that she wasn’t interested so I told her that I couldn’t make it by the time happy hour ended and that I’d have to catch her the next time. She said ok and then started asking me how my tests went. I responded, tried to keep the conversation going. Then like 2 hours later she responded saying that she was celebrating finishing her tests by drinking 60000 margaritas. To me, it just seems weird that she kept the conversation going after she didn’t seem interested in meeting up. Am I wrong?

redlips
    redlips
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 9:06 am #107963

Seems so…

JennaMcClain
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 8:20 pm #108015

It wouldnt be weird at all

aTackfish
    Participant
    August 12, 2016 at 9:03 am #107978