DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating is confusing, please help?

Author
    Comments

• emsmith87
    Participant
    August 29, 2016 at 2:58 pm #109846
    Dating is confusing, please help?

I’m in my late 20’s and recently started attempting to date again after being in a LTR for 3 years and taking time to heal and be single. I am naturally busy, I’m an adult, in college, work full time. I don’t have to “act like I’m busy to keep him interested” I AM busy! So much that guys have gotten tired of waiting on me to make time. That might have been my lack of interest in them, who knows. All I know is that when I do finally find someone who interests me and I make the time, he becomes uninterested and I get strung along. And when I’m busy I can’t hold their interest because they get bored of waiting. Right now I reconnected with a guy online (yes he’s who he says and single). We text all day and flirt, but he says he doesn’t want to rush. So we never hang out, but he makes plans to take me on a date….someday. I finally told him we can meet and hang out as friends, doesn’t have to be a date or dating. His response was “I know.” So I’m sensing he isn’t as interested as he let’s

CharGrant22
    CharGrant22
    Participant
    August 29, 2016 at 5:45 pm #109875

Hey Emsmith, Dating can be confusing- hang in there. About this guy who isn’t making plans to see you. More likely than not, there is a reason (like he has a girlfriend or still in love with his Ex, etc.) My advice would be to disconnect emotionally and start looking else where. When a man is ready for a relationship and he is serious about a woman- HE GOES FOR IT!!!! If you have to wonder if he is in to in, thats not a good starting point. Your Match is out there- have faith 🙂

ramboamy88
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 8:36 am #109913

This guy is stringing you along. He’s waiting for someone else to give him a chance (ex, crush, etc.) and is keeping you around just in case it doesn’t work out with the other person. This is someone that will drop you if someone better comes along. I know this is going to be tough advice but cut him off completely and go back out there and find someone else. After calling off my engagement, I was single for four years! And for four years I was going through what you’re dealing with with different men and I cried and wanted to give up. Then I finally met a guy who was on the same page as me that I really liked just as much as he liked me and everything felt right and I never felt confused. Listen to your intuition. You know it feels wrong so cut him off. You’ll meet the right guy when you least expect it and you won’t feel confused either. The right man will never make you feel confused, remember that.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  ramboamy88.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  ramboamy88.

tototo
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 9:23 am #109935

I’m in the same position 🙁

Dee
    Participant
    September 2, 2016 at 9:06 am #110388

He doesn’t feel like this guy isn’t into you really but more that he is awaiting for something (someone) else. I’m sure he likes you but not the way you would like to. If I was you I would start to look somewhere else and to consider him as a friend.