Dating misunderstandings and trust Part2

Author
    Comments
  • Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 1:15 am #138394
    Dating misunderstandings and trust Part2

..Continuation of http://www.datingadvice.com/forum/topic/dating-misunderstandings-and-trust-part1

She thought I wanted to get her into bed. French-kissing on the first date was a crossing a line for me in the first place and she was the one who instigated it, but from there and to want her into bed right then and there was a bit much for me. I tried to laugh it off till I realized she was serious and then vehemently refused the idea. It resulted in her leaving 10 mins later for the train we had been waiting for and me not hearing from her for a year. A year later she contacted me again and asked if I wanted to go on a date. I told her she owned me an apology and I never heard from her again.

Last month I met some girls when I was on vacation. We went out for dinner, then out partying and late into the night at a club I asked one of them in her ear if I could have a dance with her. She asked me if I asked her to dance on me…

Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 9:13 am #138397

I was dumbfounded. I was instantly reminded of the girl from 5 years ago and how bad that went. I got berated with “We don’t do stuff like that” Told her “No, do you want to dance WITH me?”. We ended up leaving together 5 mins later and didn’t get along.

The funny thing is that until that point I’d been helping them with understanding how a hostel works, gave them directions, taught them a bit about the local customs and generally tried to make their trip more pleasant. One inkling of what she thought was a crude advance on her and all that counted for nothing. They weren’t even the only ones I’d helped and it wasn’t only girls either.

My point with all this is. Use your common sense when dealing with guys. A guy who has been nothing but nice to you might just be that. Nice. He may just be genuine when he tells you you got it wrong. Even if you don’t wanna be wrong. You’re just cheating yourself from good company.

Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 5:46 pm #138497

If a moderator would just delete this entire topic I’d appreciate it. When I started making the topics it wouldn’t allow me to go past a character limit and wouldn’t allow me to reply to myself, probably an “anti-bump” feature. Now that I need it I can’t edit it myself.