Dating one woman but interested in another

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Horton
    Participant
    May 20, 2015 at 11:58 pm #79448

I am conflicted. I am a divorced father of two. I was recently contacted by an acquaintance that I’ve known for a few years. She asked me out and we have been dating for about 1-2 months. initially I tried to keep things moving slow but I failed and we begun a satisfying physical relationship. I do like her and unsure where things would go if given a chance.

Now the dilemma.

A week ago I was contacted by the mom of one of my sons friends who I have been interested in but keeping at arms length due to our children being friends. We went out for coffee and since then have chatted daily. I really like her but not sure what to do since I’m seeing this other woman. Would I be a jerk for breaking things off with the person I am seeing to take a chance with the mom of my sons friend? Or do I tell my sons friends mom I’m in a relationship and unfortunately the timing is not right?

JonathanG
    JonathanG
    Participant
    May 21, 2015 at 12:00 pm #79476

Hey, it sounds like a complicate situation. You don’t want to hurt anyone but you also don’t want to miss out anything.
    As it sound to me, being with the woman which you are dating right now is a kind of compromise. Fact is, that your desires goes somewhere else.
    Is your love life something you are willing to compromise on? If no, take a risk (which doesn’t seems to be huge) and focus on what you really want!
    You really have nothing to lose

yohomeboii
    Participant
    May 27, 2015 at 8:44 pm #79804

Settling for something less than what you want….it’s something that I feel kills relationships. Here’s my thoughts on your situation: if you are interested in someone else, you are not fully invested in your current relationship, and that’s not good for you or your current partner. You both deserve someone that can give everything necessary for a great relationship.

84mk
    Participant
    May 30, 2015 at 12:51 am #79906

End it now before it becomes more serious if you’re truly not interested in lady #1