DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating Polar Opposites

Author
    Comments

• a24kunalrocks
    Participant
    September 23, 2016 at 1:58 am #112251
    Dating Polar Opposites

I am a 24 year old guy and she is 23. Both are medical professionals and click well. We have good chemistry. But she is an atheist and I am religious, she doesn’t accept the existence of a soul in us whereas I do, she is a left winger and I a right winger.. So I wanted to know whether it is a good idea to date her. We both have our doubts. I mean I am worried whether this will last beyond chemistry and attraction.. Please help..

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 13, 2016 at 11:29 am #119957

Depending on what you want, it might work or not… If you’re looking for casual dating, the fact that you have extremely different beliefs, will not affect your relationship, but if you’re looking for a committed relationship, then you have to think about it and see if it’s really going to work out in the long run.

Ankat
    Participant
    December 19, 2016 at 9:18 am #120527

I was in a relationship with a religious and political opposite and we had some very respectful discussions. It only works if neither person is the type that has to “be right” in a discussion or arguement. But before you get serious, do talk about how you’d handle the holidays (Chirstmas, Easter) if you ever combined households. If she became your partner, would she attend Easter dinner with your extended family? If not, are you OK with that? Does she observe Christmas on a cultural level.(decorations, gift exchange)? And the BIG ONE: how would you raise any children? The relationshi I had, we each already had kids, so we continued to raise the kids as we always had. Privately, he totally disagreed wth “forcing” kids to.go to church, but he supported my parenting decision on the matter, as in, “listen to your mother, get ready to go now.” We had amazing, respctful, delightful, mutually supportive relationship tht only ended because he died.