Dating Profile Review

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating Profile Review

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Popeye
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 12:37 pm #76553
    Dating Profile Review

So was hoping I could get some feedback on my intending dating profile. I have added it to my profile for this site since there is not enough room in here to post it. Please click on my name to bring up the profile and let me know what you think. The format is off but all the words are there.
    I am a 47yr old man with 2 kids living on their own looking for someone special after a divorce. I was trying to write a profile that would catch the eye and not look like the same old words. I cant decide if its a bit too much or ?? I am shy when it comes to meeting new people so any help is welcome, thanks!

DKing3
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 4:31 pm #76586

haha well I must say you seem like a pretty cool person! But to be honest, that was a LOT to read. For a profile on a dating sight, I feel like thats a lot to read and many people probably wont want to read all of that. I would trim down a lot and summarize some. You wanna try to get their attention, without giving EVERYTHING about you away so then they will want to find out more!

Popeye
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 4:47 pm #76588

Hmm, you are probably right, I read somewhere that 600 words max was about right and this comes in around 550. The bad formatting that came about when I pasted it makes it probably feel like a longer read than it is but I will look into squeezing it down, thanks!

Blondey
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 9:21 pm #76607

Haha your profile made me smile, it was great and I enjoyed reading it and you seem like your a great person:) I would just say keep it shorter and don’t give away all of you, leave some mystery for that special someone and then you can let them in on more! You sound like a great guy, best of luck!!

JeffS
    Participant
    April 4, 2015 at 1:29 pm #76685

I think the profile is a bit long. I usually try to keep it to a few paragraphs. Also put spaces in, it makes it seem less intimidating. Your personality, interests and hobbies and a joke or three is good. If a woman has multiple messages and takes the time to read profiles, make that easier for her. Also, the more mystery, the more she’ll ask you questions back.

dark_angel
    Participant
    April 10, 2015 at 5:47 am #76984

i go to online dating sites. and reading your profile..just by looking at the words…i got bored. keep it short and catchy