Dating Site Etiquette – How Many to Contact

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kobrun
    Participant
    May 13, 2014 at 7:46 pm #52797

I know this is probably a pretty basic question but I’m new to this on-line dating game. Is it OK to contact more than one woman at a time (I’m talking about a first e-mail) or is that frowned upon. It feels like I should wait a few days to see if she’ll respond before contacting another but, if it is not considered to be improper, I’d prefer to send 2 or 3 and see what happens. Wow, dating was not this hard when I was younger.

Kobrun
    Participant
    May 19, 2014 at 11:57 am #52805

Thanks for for your insight!!!

MrSSamsung
    MrSSamsung
    Participant
    November 13, 2014 at 6:32 pm #67561

… contact women and then forget about them unless they respond. Move on. I would say don’t do what some men do and just spam women with cut and paste messages either. That will get you very little… but write a short, well thought out message and I’d say do that to one or two a day/night, forget them and write another the next day. Don’t get hung up on whether she responds, just see writing messages as a bit of a hobby. Eventually if you strike a chord with someone, you’ll get replies that way (if you haven’t already).

single2787
    Participant
    November 15, 2014 at 10:09 pm #67624

Contact as many as long as they respond. Step back when you oficcially start to see someone.

ndadvice
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 8:44 am #67659

My opinion is its ok to contact as many as you want, and even go on as many first dates/meetings as you want. But if it goes well enough for a second date then stick with just one. I think everyone does it differently though

victoriya
    Participant
    November 18, 2014 at 5:30 am #67710

my suggustion is u can contact as many as you want.

MrSSamsung
    MrSSamsung
    Participant
    November 18, 2014 at 4:09 pm #67736

Your profile will do all the work, and your messages just have to be short simple openers with minimal effort… in fact it’s important it is minimal effort because women don’t respond too well to anything more in a first message.

The other thing is if you are not getting a good response rate and you try to up your numbers of messages sent to increase the odds, it will very likely make you feel really fed up and likely to quit the whole thing.

My advice: write an excellent profile and write one or two messages to women you’ve selectively chosen as likely candidates… once a night. That way, if you do have a poor response rate, it will not crush your resolve, as you wont feel like you’ve put that much time into it. But, if you’ve got a good profile, you’ll likely get enough of a response rate for you to get dates… the name of the game.

I initially started out very bad on there, improved massively over time. That is what I learnt.

ckmmepd
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 7:28 pm #67951

Message as many as you’d like, just send an actual original message not one of those canned ones.

Anonymous
    November 29, 2014 at 12:22 pm #68321

Contact as many as you want, but make sure that your messages aren’t form letters and actually address some unique point made in the profile.

elderwaist
    elderwaist
    Participant
    December 11, 2014 at 9:35 am #69009
    Reply To: Dating Site Etiquette – How Many to Contact

as many as you can!

Anonymous
    December 28, 2014 at 1:11 pm #69665

as many as you can!

Tipially man’s point of view 🙂
    I think men need to pay more attention to quality, not to quantity.

steve
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 2:05 pm #69671

Take your time …what’s the rush?

katriel
    Participant
    January 21, 2015 at 12:50 pm #71351

looking for a good heart,soul,mind and she has to be jewish and old ways i am not rich or poor looking for some who understand what i am looking for in a person thats how my mother and father told me about life.

jerry68
    Participant
    January 22, 2015 at 9:36 pm #71639

Thanks for the insight

Expat
    Participant
    January 23, 2015 at 12:22 am #71647

I did the online dating a year or two ago, and I contacted a lot of women. I only got to the regular chatting stage with a handful of them. Then I only went on first dates with a fraction of the handful. I met a girl I dated for 2 years through that method.

I will warn you though, once you get to the regular dating part with 1 girl. Deactivate your dating profile, don’t log on the keep checking messages from others. That’s something a lot of online daters get wrong. They’ll keep checking their messages and chatting with women when they’ve been dating someone exclusively. Women do it too.