Dating someone with a kid

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

luckymothertucker
    Participant
    August 22, 2017 at 4:24 pm #146535

So I’m very new to this forum so I apologize if this has been discussed before.

I’m 32 years old and started dating one of my best friends of 10 years. Things are great. We get along, were sexually compatible, and always have fun together.

She has a 3 1/2 year old. He’s a bundle of energy and a cool kid, but he hates me. He even hit me the other day.

I don’t dislike kids. I do genuinely want to be part of his life. I’m just looking for any advice since this is the first time I have dated someone with a kid.

Little bit of background:

Mom is more of the disciplinarian. She tries to set boundaries and routines. Dad tries to buy lots of gifts and be the “fun dad”. I understand parenting is probably a healthy combination of both. Knowing when to have fun and knowing when to more of “the boss”.

Thanks in advance