Dating The Busy Girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating The Busy Girl

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dayzer
    Participant
    October 28, 2017 at 9:50 am #154355
    Dating The Busy Girl

Hey everyone,

I’m rather new to the whole dating scene — I say this in the respect that I normally just “fall into” relationships without properly going on dates or anything of the such. In the past this has resulted in two relationships, one that was 3.5 years in length and another that was 1.5 years. This past summer the girl I was with for 1.5 years and I decided a mutual breakup, no bad blood between us, just weren’t heading in the same direction w/our lives. Decided to take the summer to work on myself/figure out and honestly felt pretty great.

Began attending a new University in the fall and met a girl there. She’s exactly my type and was incredibly friendly upon our first meeting, got invited to her friend group early on in the semester and we all hang out regularly. One time while the two of us were hanging out she began talking about how other students in our department have tried to take her on dates in the past but didn’t make it clear it was a date.

Dayzer
    Participant
    October 28, 2017 at 9:53 am #154356

Began crushing on her shortly after this, and, a month into our friendship, asked her on a date. She said yes and it went pretty well — held hands a lot, had a little bit of a make-out session before saying goodbye, and we planned a second date.

The issue is she’s super incredibly busy (as am I) and has trouble balancing her social life w/work life. She’s an actor (as am I) and is currently in two plays (one of them with me) and it’s hard for us to find time to hang out. I’ve been told by her friends to not try and rush things (which I’m bad at, because I’ve never really done the whole dating process before) and don’t know exactly how to treat the situation.

Our 2nd date was supposed to be today but she had to cancel (which is fine, because I told her 2/3 days ago that if she was too busy we could reschedule) but we didn’t reschedule for another day. I’ll see her in school so I think we’ll be good, but how long should I be waiting here? She also doesn’t use social media.

Dayzer
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 8:54 am #154357

So that removes that field of communication — basically, I only see her briefly during the school day which makes it hard to get alone time. The play we’re both in ends in like ~2 weeks so we’ll have more time soon, but I just don’t know how to treat the interim. Especially where our chemistry is great and we spend all of our free time during the school day together.

lovequestion
    lovequestion
    Participant
    October 31, 2017 at 8:53 am #154572

I think it is important to give significant others time and freedom. Of course, they need to make time for the relationship as well. If they don’t, it could be a sign.

mnm7221
    Participant
    October 31, 2017 at 8:12 pm #154634

Sounds like you at least get to spend some time together. If you two really have feelings for each other, you will make time to see each other. Otherwise, the connection may not be there and you may have to take time away, see other people, and maybe cross paths again in the future when your schedules lighten up.

Grace228722
    Participant
    November 3, 2017 at 12:41 pm #154979

^^^ agree