Dating the friend of an ex

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

skyguy
    Participant
    January 27, 2014 at 3:37 pm #46653

Thoughts? I’m currently in my late 30’s. I dated a girl for about 3 months back in 2010, early part of the year. Never got to the “I Love You” point. Heck, I met her kids once, she met mine once. Things fizzled out and we never talked again.

However, I’ve remained friends with one of her friends. We talk/text occasionally and have even hung out once or twice, purely platonic. She’s always someone I knew I would be interested in if the timing was right (both of us being single). That time is now – we’re both single.

I’ve kind of broached the subject and her initial response wasn’t what I had hoped for. I’m tired of dating around…Looking for something long term with possibilities to follow. She has all of the qualities I would want in a woman, and she’s beautiful to boot. Matter of fact, I’ve always thought she was one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever met.

Looking for feedback – more from the ladies out there. Would you date the ex of one of your friends?