dating the guy i like but i think he's not into me.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

madmad99
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 7:53 am #139808

i was in a 3 year relationship, he was my first boyfriend and I’ve just started dating after 3.5 years. i knew this guy some how from college and he was in 7 year relationship and he broke up last year and he said he was alone for a year. we talked and he seem so interested in me and then we decide to meet, he was happy after first date and after that we got closer and in 3rd date we had sex and it was very good to me and apparently he enjoyed our intimacy, we had sex one more time and after that he barely talked to me and he said he wasn’t feeling to well. i didn’t text him anymore but just ask how is he and he said not too good and didn’t answer me anymore. i can see he’s online but he’s not talking to me, i really like this guy and he treated me well. but he’s not talking to me and doesn’t say anything to meet again. i should forget him? how i can change this situation?

madmad99
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 7:57 am #139809

i’m ok in general, but when i see he doesn’t want to talk to me it’s breaking my heart and i get upset. i don’t know what to do.

ZY
    Participant
    June 18, 2017 at 5:04 pm #139840

I’m sorry, what you are going through is really tough.
    To me it seems like since he is not replying there is not much you can do. He probably wasn’t completely over his ex yet. My bf didn’t date anyone for 5 years after he split up from his ex… So some guys take a really long time to recover.
    For you though, I think it’s best to move on. As hard it is to do, it will be better in the long term for you. Because he probably won’t be ready any time soon, and if there is any chance that his gf will come back even for a 1 date he will be hoping all around her.
    If you want to help him, you still can be his friend but don’t have sex with him.

ECat
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 12:23 pm #140029

I think you should give him space, and let him come to you. Guys are slower at processing feelings than women. It sucks but if he was truly into you he will come back! Let it be for now.

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 1:46 pm #140060

Zy And ECat are absolutely right. If I were in your shoes I would tell myself the guy is nothing but an asshole. You deserve better. We all can see he was alone for a year he used you to dump his load. He’s online to use some other poor girl. There is a lot of men out there probably a lot better than he will ever be. Do what Zy said you can be friends with him but do not give him sex unless you don’t mind being used.

comperko
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 6:07 pm #140130

Seems like you were just a rebound after his ex.Its best to just move on.

adamrsmith120
    adamrsmith120
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 11:45 pm #140134

It’s hard to forget about guys who treat you really well. It’s hard to move on but you have to do what’s right. You want someone who is going to take care of you and treat you right. You need someone who’s going to be there for you when times get hard. It doesn’t sound like this is the person for you. It’s best to move on from this one.

Louie97
    Participant
    June 21, 2017 at 7:55 pm #140223

I agree with Lovie4you. He basically used you sexually and will continue to do so if you entertain him. And his lame lie about “not feeling well” is the equivalent of him saying “yeah, I slept with you to get my fill and now I want nothing to do with you”. A year isn’t enough for a guy, let alone anyone to heal from a committed 7 year relationship. It’s humanly impossible.

homestead1
    Participant
    June 21, 2017 at 10:38 pm #140224

Explain more

peaches
    Participant
    June 22, 2017 at 4:25 am #140231
    Reply To: dating the guy i like but i think he's not into me.

These men at times can really leave you in a confused space. i suggest chat to him, maybe

sammy_reinke
    sammy_reinke
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 4:27 am #140672

i was with a guy for 3 years and its only been a year, and everytime i get too close to a guy i freeze up like a deer in headlights and the i bolt. maybe he’s scared, its great to pretend you’re okay and moved on for a while, until reality hits. maybe just send him a message and ask him for a proper explanation? sometimes you just have to take it for what it is, and just enjoy the experiences while they last xx

Skydancer
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 7:06 am #140675

I think this guy just wanted sex…I have been there and it feels absolutely terrible, but the healthiest thing for you is to move on. Just to share you my story, I was also dating that guy and even after we had sex, we would occasionally chat and I would feel nice, but to him (as I realised later) it was just a way to keep me “interested” so that he could have sex with me whenever he wanted. Fuck these men. You don’t need that in your life, if you’re looking for something different.

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    June 28, 2017 at 4:36 pm #140906

What a tough situation you are! I think you should keep going on with your life. Try making a list what attracts you the most about this guy and see if iit’s worth waiting for him, but don’t wait for too long.

ladgr14
    Participant
    July 1, 2017 at 1:19 am #141214

Time to move on

Ckowalsky
    Participant
    July 2, 2017 at 11:11 pm #141235

It sounds to me like he may be very distracted with something very important that may have came up.