Dating Woes

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dating Woes

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Manlymanlover285
    Manlymanlover285
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 9:07 pm #85632
    Dating Woes

I started dating this guy for about 2 months now. We have only hung out about 3 times but we text everyday. It bothers me that we haven’t spoken on the phone but he does contact me a lot. He invites me out with him & his friends. So the iffy part: He has never took me on an actual date. We both work different schedules and we do not live close to each other. But he finds time to go to different events that are closer to where I live. And I know he doesn’t make the most money. But as stated before he’s out a few times at events with his friends which cost money. I feel like he just doesn’t care to put in the effort or funds for a date. When I did go out with him & his friends (which he invited me to) he didn’t even buy me a drink. It’s not the money aspect of it but just the courtesy of dating/courting. I’ve dated guys in the past who has taken me on great dates but turned out to be assholes. So I’m trying to date differently and be more considerate, but this is starting to bother me.

lexca
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 10:02 pm #85633

I think the only thing for you to do here is talk to him about it. Say you really like him, and explain what you said here…it’s not the money aspect, but you feel like he doesn’t care enough about you to try. It’s only fair to address the issue, and see if he’s willing to correct it and come to a compromise/understanding.

mishieruka
    mishieruka
    Participant
    September 26, 2015 at 11:57 pm #85992

Dates and money aren’t really everything, though. Sometimes the best way to get to know a person is to see how they are around their friends, or just hang out by yourselves. Watch tv, etc. You find out alot more about them that way than how much they’re willing to spend.

Confounded478
    Confounded478
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 4:49 pm #86068

I’ve learned to trust my intuition about guys. If something seems off, it probably is–whether he’s a player, a deadbeat or mentally ill, go with your gut. You can keep trying, but, most of the time, you will find that your original impression was correct.