Dealing with Bf's deceased ex gf

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

phonicaubade
    Participant
    September 15, 2014 at 10:15 am #61986

I have been dating a man for a little over a year. (July 13, 2013) He has two beautiful children, ages 11 and 16 and I have two daughters of my own. We both come from previous marriages of each of 12 years. He had a friend of 15 years who he was very close with and they started to date a year after his divorce. Two years into their relationship, she and two of her daughters were killed in a car accident. That was in 2012. He since then had her face and her name and her two daughters’ names tattooed on his shoulder. He told
    Me about her the 2nd day we knew each other. It was a lot to take in but I thought that since he wanted to start dating again, that he was ready to open up to another. We have had a good time with a few hiccups as any relationship has, but over all things have been good. The only thing that bothers me is that he still has photos of her on display after two years. Is it too much for me to ask him to put them away as it makes me feel uncomfortable?

JuneonJupiter
    JuneonJupiter
    Participant
    September 15, 2014 at 10:42 pm #62001

If you ask him to put those pictures away he will only resent you – while I totally agree with you, it would make me uncomfortable too, especially being intimate with him and staring at a tattoo of another woman’s face on his arm! But just warning you that he won’t see it your way at all and it could upset him and cause him to dislike you. Because honestly, he should have taken those pics into a closet before you came over anyway.

Anonymous
    September 16, 2014 at 1:05 am #62003

JuneonJupiter, you says right , So careful Phonicaubade