Dealing with my Boyfriends Ex

Author
    Comments
  • Winry
    Winry
    Participant
    May 9, 2017 at 10:27 pm #135918
    Dealing with my Boyfriends Ex

So my boyfriend and I have been officially together for a little over two months now. He has an ex that he dated for 4 years and they broke up a little over a year ago now. Since the fist week of our relationship, his ex has been talking, calling, and trying to find ways to get back into his life. He’s been very open and honest about the whole situation, and he’s obviously annoyed by her. He’s told her to leave him alone, but she wont. She somehow found out my name and stalks me on social media. She also spreads nasty rumors about me. I’m trying to keep my cool, and my boyfriend said that sooner or later she will get tired of his lack of response and move on.

I’m becoming more and more frustrated. Should I be doing something about this? Or should I just let my boyfriend handle it, and just keep out of the whole issue? Im not worried about him, but I’m worried about her causing major issues between my boyfriend and me, and anyone else surrounding us.

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 10, 2017 at 1:33 pm #135994

I would change your Username on your social media account and your phone numbers I know it is a hassle but what she is doing is more of a hassle that will happen through a relationship. When one goes with someone else the other one don’t want to accept it whether it is the man or the lady, in this case, the lady can’t accept it. If I was you I would let your boyfriend handle it you really don’t want to get in trouble over this.I am thinking it will pass in time but then it really could escalate whatever make sure both of you be very careful. If worse comes to worse you may have to get a restraining order but then that will cost you money. In the meantime show how much you love him and stand behind him. I hope it works out for you.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    May 10, 2017 at 3:13 pm #136012

1. Let your boyfriend handle it. Remind him that it’s his responsibility to (since you shouldn’t be expected or required to do so).
    2. I wouldn’t change your name or switch accounts on your social media (facebook, etc.) as that’s punishing you for her behavior. Social media and any accounts now typically have a way to block specific people from viewing, interacting, posting, or contacting you – just go thru the security or privacy settings to make that happen.

You can look at making your social media profiles more provitae and only reachable by those on your friends list (my ex- was still able to get to me or post on my wall if i allowed “friends of friends” since we had mutual friend). But that is easily solved by blocking specificall my ex-.

Emails, twitters, etc. should have similar in its privacy and security settings. You can always contact tech support for each social media acct you have to ask them how to do it.

Good luck.

rarerarerare
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 4:43 pm #136128

Interesting

CollegeGirlAnnie96
    Participant
    May 15, 2017 at 6:00 pm #136500

I would give him some more time to handle the issue. If not, say something to him again. Also, definitely make all your accounts private and block her.