Deleted his profile after second date – confused?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:50 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

koba112
    Participant
    January 26, 2016 at 5:47 pm #92213

First date went great, he initiated the longest hug ever and he kissed me. He wanted to meet a second time and that went great. We have only ever communicated through the social networking site we met on, but we both exchanged each others numbers in case we got lost, but never texted or anything. I’m a very shy and awkward person, and he was shy too. When we parted on the second date, he was standing looking at me and I didn’t know if he wanted a hug. The bus arrived, he walked with me to it, and in retrospect my actions may have been weird. I just went to step on the bus and said ‘see you’ and half halfheartedly waved. He was just standing there looking slightly disappointed. Anyway, the next day I noticed he deleted his profile on the social networking site we communicated on. I have his number and he has mine, but we only ever communicated on the website. I really don’t know if it was my awkward actions which caused it, but even so its extreme to delete it? Should I just leave it.

RightURKen
    Participant
    January 26, 2016 at 10:52 pm #92237

Definitely don’t “just leave it”. Your awkward actions could indeed have had an had an impact since you said he was shy and such things affect shy people of both sexes who are sensitive to such things(he clearly wanted a hug but was likely waiting for you to do it this time). BUT you can also make up for it quickly with a simple text message saying you enjoyed the date and look forward to seeing him again or frankly you can say just about anything as he is waiting for a sign from you.. He has doubts right now and contact by you could put them to rest.

sagorhasnat
    Participant
    January 26, 2016 at 11:18 pm #92240

waakkkkkkk…confuseddd???? hahahhahha

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 7:27 pm #92591

I doubt your actions had anything to do with it. Sounds pretty abrupt to delete a profile after meeting someone. Maybe there is something going on with his life that is troubling him. Just text him hi to encourage him to text you. If you dont hear anything just move on.

Anonymous
    February 1, 2016 at 8:08 pm #92595

Some guys do this only to confuse the girl, so they get in her mind by making her always wonder what is wrong. Beware!

skelefrog
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 3:02 pm #92700

I’d definitely send him a text.. see if he replies.

richarld124
    Participant
    February 4, 2016 at 11:38 am #92890

I agree with skelefrog. Definitely send him a text to see if he’s still interested

Reese_qwerty
    Participant
    February 4, 2016 at 2:26 pm #92920

Text him. Maybe he just figured he didn’t need the profile anymore

Bees Nees
    Participant
    February 7, 2016 at 4:05 pm #93124

The reason he was staring at you was because he wanted you to kiss him, just like he kissed you. By simply stepping on the bus and giving a half hearted wave and a see you, he probably felt he had been dismissed by you.
    He deleted his profile more then likely out of frustration. Send him a simple but not too long text like, ” hey thanks I had a good time, wanna get coffee with me on ( place and date). You set the place and date, it’ll show him that you’re at least still interested.

mkmbd
    Participant
    February 8, 2016 at 12:33 am #93129
    Reply To: Deleted his profile after second date – confused?

Send a text…….

DOW123
    Participant
    February 9, 2016 at 1:09 pm #93227
    Reply To: Deleted his profile after second date – confused?

Definitely send a text…You stepping on the bus without any kind of good-bye hug, kiss or showing of affection has made him think you were not interested.