Delicate situation: Interested in an older co-worker

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fil48
    Participant
    May 26, 2014 at 1:35 pm #53737

I am temporarily working for a company with an older coworker. I am 22 and he is 40. He is unmarried, without kids.

I’m sure I’m over analyzing this, but I would like to determine whether he has interest in me so I can decide if I want to pursue this. I’m well aware this probably wouldn’t be a long term deal, but I enjoy his company and feel comfortable with him.

Things I have noticed:
    -He regularly sits in the lab I work in, not in his cube.
    -We joke around quite a bit and he has playfully bumped me with his hand
    -He brags about me to other people while I’m in the room (surviving a “boys” weekend and some work I have done)
    -He always tries to help me (holding doors, offering to carry stuff, etc.)
    -He does make mild sexual jokes occasionally (outside the workplace), not when we are alone though
    -I have noticed some intense eye contact, and he tends to look quickly between my two eyes

fil48
    Participant
    May 26, 2014 at 1:38 pm #53738

-I was sitting at a table with him and another person and even when he was talking to her his body was facing me with a leg extended out towards me
    -Teases me

Again, I’m sure I am reading into this too much. Is there a way I can determine one way or the other how he feels towards me? I can’t tell if he sees me as a child, a woman or a guy. I have gone out to bars with him and some other guys from work. He also looks at me when he says something funny, not sure if he is checking to see if I laugh or not.

I want to figure this out one way or another, so any advice is appreciated.