Desperately need serious advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Johnsmith
    Johnsmith
    Participant
    November 23, 2015 at 1:48 pm #88867

28 year old male, engaged to a 27 year old female. Dating for 3 years. Love of my life, amazing woman, incredibly happy together, been living together for 2 years. Wedding is in 9 months.

Recently talked a lot and she basically wants an open marriage. Says she doesn’t think humans are meant to be monogamous. Says she is completely satisfied with me sexually and emotionally but has too many urges and can’t see herself with only one man the rest of her life. She wishes she did not feel this way and feels guilty but knows it’s not going to change anytime soon. She says she doesn’t know exactly what she wants/needs but would like to be able to sleep with other men “occasionally” – once every few years maybe. Wants me to know about it and approve.

I don’t know what to do. Do I let her sleep with other men? I obviously don’t want this to happen but I can’t picture life without her. Please help.

jarrod_1111
    jarrod_1111
    Participant
    November 23, 2015 at 3:34 pm #88875

Have you considered talking about alternatives such as going to a swingers club?

Johnsmith
    Johnsmith
    Participant
    November 23, 2015 at 7:17 pm #88905

Yes, I’ve thought about it all a lot. I think about it all constantly and I’m finding it hard to get clarity or perspective on the whole situation. I can’t talk to my friends or family about this.

At this time I know I can’t watch her have sex with another man. Maybe someday years from now, but not now.