Did he have any feelings for me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

beachxbum718
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 4:52 pm #71808

I met a guy that just got out of a 7 year relationship. He took me out on dates, and we did have sex. He texted me every day and he told me he liked me a lot. One day he was acting distant and I went crazy and texted him 50 times. He told me he was done with me, but about a week later I reached out to him and we grabbed lunch. He paid and we didn’t have sex. A few days later he told me he doesn’t want a relationship, doesn’t know what he wants and doesn’t wanna lead me on. I asked if he had feelings for me and he said “I did have feelings, not gonna sleep with someone I don’t have feelings for.” We did meet up after that had sex and he asked me to grab lunch after. The next day I asked him to have sex he said “can’t have class” and I asked him if he still wanted to have sex in general, he never answered. I then apologized for asking and he said “it’s ok babe.” now I haven’t heard from him in 2 weeks.

Was he just using me for sex or did he have some feelings for me?

Expat
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 10:04 am #71934

Yep, you were just his band aid to get over a 7 year relationship. He’ll probably be happy to have sex every now and then, but it’s not going to be a full relationship. Just a rebound. This is something that should be very clear to you, but I guess it is difficult to see things objectively when you’re in the middle of them.

Texting him 50 times is insane. If a girl ever did that to me, I’d run far, far away.

mwest29
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 6:03 pm #72851

He seems very back and forth. I would expect this from someone who just ended a 7 year relationship. He is not looking for a serious relationship. He needs some time. It seems pretty obvious and I would just forget him if I were you.

jstei007
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 11:43 am #73358

If a guy truly likes you, he will act like it. He won’t be sketchy and leave doubt in your mind. It took me a long time to learn that… but a guy that is truly interested won’t have to be chased and will show it.

pandorasbox
    pandorasbox
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 12:00 pm #73359

He’s confused and he used you for the sex and for the comfort of another person since he just got of a very long relationship. It sounds like he was into you, but it was too soon for him to get into anything serious. So he probably hasn’t said anything because he doesn’t want to lead you on anymore and doesn’t want you to get really attached any more than you were getting only for the outcome to be nothing.

hjk900011
    Participant
    February 16, 2015 at 12:37 pm #73516

I so agree with pandorasbox….its true. I am dating a guy now who unfortunately just got out of a relationship in august 2014, but Im not sure he is even over her at all. I just hope and pray things go well for us and he doesnt break my heart.

Tina1234
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 4:53 pm #73615

Well, I don’t know about him but I am about to post a question and I am on the flip side. My man of almost 6 years cheated last March. I found out right away. He broke it off with her, we got counseling and tried to work it out. Last Tuesday, I learned that he has still been seeing this girl off and on. But he wont stay away from me. I have broken it off with him but he still swarms like a hungry vulture so chances are, depending on the break up, he may still be on his ex. Ties are hard to break even when the break up was devastating. He told me, for him she was just sex. I don’t care what is was for him. For me it was death to our relationship.

jg101
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 5:19 pm #73632

If you’re looking for something serious or mutually beneficial here beyond sex, move on. He’s in a weird place and you’re honestly not going to get anything really positive out of that, no matter how many times he comes back for one more time.

Jenny_08
    Participant
    March 6, 2015 at 9:17 am #74914

That’s pretty obvious isnt it? Just dont come out that easy so guys will have more respect for u

kadmoore
    Participant
    March 9, 2015 at 7:18 pm #75093
    Reply To: Did he have any feelings for me?

Sometimes guys just don’t know what they want or they simply lose interest pretty quickly. In this case, he might not be ready for anything serious given the fact that he just got out of a serious relationship. I would not chase after him or look for answers, it’s a waste of time. His actions are indicating that he is not ready and you should not waste your time and invest your energy into it.

benpark87
    Participant
    March 17, 2015 at 4:51 pm #75513

Yeap

Anonymous
    March 18, 2015 at 9:56 am #75566

Yeap I think he likes you

scamp
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 2:34 pm #75605

He was using, and probably still is, you to get over his relationship. He more than likely just wanted sex but isn’t yet sure about his feelings. Do not push him. If it is meant to be, he will come back to you.

confused_island
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 2:43 pm #75608

Very back and forth indeed. He might just be using you for sex as others might be saying. He is still going through that tender recovery stage people go through after long relationships. Monitor it and see how things play out but don’t invest everything into it just yet.

ck1991
    ck1991
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 6:11 pm #75618

Honestly, u were just the rebound. After going thru a breakup from a girl he’s been with for that long, he probably needed some company to help ease the pain. Unfortunately he led u on and u ended up getting hurt, but I say try and move on because it will only be a sexual relationship. U deserve better and I hope u can find someone who will want to be with u in a real way. Good luck!

1 2