Did he just lead me on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did he just lead me on?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pandorasbox
    pandorasbox
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 12:19 pm #73364
    Did he just lead me on?

Met this guy on a dating app. Took it to Skype it was going so well and he was flirting alot skyped a few more days then he wanted me to text him. text for a bit and skyped once more he asked to make me dinner on a Friday. He didn’t repsond until later 7 or 8pm next day and didn’t acknowlege the text and then said oh I must have read it half asleep I wish I saw that it would have been nice to see you. So I said I was going for a drive and it led to me going to hang out over there meeting for the first time late at night (hour drive). So its late asks me to spend the night.Nothing happens but cuddling, play fighting, kiss and we talk all night until 4 am its great and fall asleep together. Next day spend the whole day together he carries me to the bed and couch and says he likes me asks multiple times whats on my mind stares at me. Tells me personal things I say I hope we dont stop talking he says we wont it was very sincere and honest he makes me lunch and keeps holding me. He has t

pandorasbox
    pandorasbox
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 12:26 pm #73365

He has to leave for a family members birthday. I get a little sad, but im fine. He asks if I want to go and I say no because thats too soon. He says you’ll meet them eventually implying ill meet the family eventually. Moving fast it seems but I didnt mind. He cant stop talking to me as he gets ready so he had to close the bathroom door. Hes ready we leave. walks me to my car gives me a kiss and smiles and waves by smiling. great night right? Okay so I hear from him after the weekend and he wants to hear my voice for a minute he says. We talk on the phone the rest of the week. Hes being flirty like before. Wednesday comes he says when can he see me again so he says next Wednesday okay great. the next day is his birthday so I sent him a birthday e card of a koala talking he was excited to see it. I didnt expect to hear from him thursday on through the weekend because he was going to visit family and friends and party. I havent heard a word from him since the day he made plans for wenesda

pandorasbox
    pandorasbox
    Participant
    February 15, 2015 at 9:56 am #73366

He said he wouldn’t stop talking to me. I never believe people and I know when they lying always, but I really believed him. He made me feel things ive never felt before so this is all new to me and I fell for him really quickly. I got goosebumps which has never happened in my life with another person. He said he was going to show me how to do a bunch of things and was so sincere. I just don’t know what I could have possibly done or why this happened. I always see this coming, but I didn’t this time. It was going so well. He’s a long relationship guy. I just want a reason even if its I didn’t like you. I bought a birthday present for him and I have no use for it. He knows I bought him a gift also and planned on giving it to him the following week. I got excited and made a valentines day card since I thought id see him. So its just really sad and ive never liked someone before like this. Do I just forget him or send the gift with a note and be done with him if I dont hear anything?

iwearglasses
    iwearglasses
    Participant
    March 3, 2015 at 3:26 pm #74582

Have you guys spoken since this post?

Ender88
    Participant
    March 3, 2015 at 3:31 pm #74584

Forget it, that dog won’t hunt, put is down.

batterybandit
    Participant
    March 22, 2015 at 12:39 am #75791

So I’ve been on the other end of this scenario before, and all i can say is this; you never really know 100% what this guys motives/situation are/ is. I like to give the benefit of the doubt in fact I’m happy too but there is an expiration date and that’s 72 hours past that as far as i know they are probably dead and or someone else’s problem now

timidtoby
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 9:53 am #76289

It sounds like he’s not really looking for something serious. Sometimes you think you’ve found a soulmate and get disappointed. Maybe he was just looking for a hookup, or got cold feet after your time together.

markestevez73
    markestevez73
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 6:25 pm #76603

I think you better stop now.