Did he lie to me in the beginning?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

aisling.25
    Participant
    April 29, 2016 at 11:15 am #99221

A couple weeks ago my new boyfriend told me that a few of his mates would be home from Australia and he was spending the day with them. Anyway it’s been a couple of weeks since then and I was bored so went on to fb. Facebook obviously suggests friends and this one girl came up so I had a look at her profile cause my be is a mutual friend. And there he is tagged in her photo from that day and it’s just the two of them.

He gave me the impression that a few friends were coming home and that they were boys. I feeling a little betrayed tbh and I don’t know whether to say this to him. We were only dating about 3 weeks then so I don’t know if I have a right. I was cheated on so honesty is a big deal for me. And it feels like he was being sneaky about it. She has since gone back to Australia.

If you were me would you bring it up yes or no ?

Thanks

kayleeann
    kayleeann
    Participant
    April 29, 2016 at 2:40 pm #99264

Maybe you should ask him but ask him calmly just to avoid him getting defensive. If you just ask maybe he will be upfront. Its alot of possibilities maybe he did go with a couple of friends and they happen to take a picture together. The best thing to do Is ask because assuming causes problems. But it would have been better if it was sooner, since you said it had been a couple weeks later. Good Luck, hope everything works out.

confusedgirl23
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 4:44 am #99367

If I were you I’d ask him about it, could be nothing. But me personally I wouldn’t be okay with it and I’d do some digging to see if evidence of cheating, and is ask him about it ask him why he didn’t tell u he was hanging out with a girl if anything happened or was going on etc.

inesziou
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 12:24 pm #99444

You should just ask him, there’s no better way to know the truth. Maybe it’s just a misunderstanding, but you need to be sure.