Did he like me? Should I move on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Tommo95
    Participant
    March 23, 2016 at 12:42 pm #96281

I had this friend at uni who I liked for quite a few months. I wasn’t 100% sure if he was into guys, all I knew was that he’d done stuff with other guys in the past. Anyway we got to know each other better (we’re in a uni society together), and he seemed to be giving me signs, prolonged glances and smiling, minor physical contact. On a night out with the society we’re in , he was drunk but really flirty with me but I was in the closet so afraid to flirt back but then he started kissing my a girl friend in the group. Later I took him outside, told him I liked him and before I’d even finished asking if he liked me too, he replied ‘course I do’ and kissed me, then he mentioned that he was bisexual so it’s awkward, and I was like ‘me too but I’m in the closet’, but he just strted kissing me again and getting handsy. After he said he just wanted to enjoy the night so we went back inside. The next day I messaged asking to talk and he sent me a blunt message saying he didn’t want anything.

Tommo95
    Participant
    March 23, 2016 at 12:51 pm #96282

The day after he then apologised for misleading me and said he’s not into guys like he briefly thought he was. I can accept that he didn’t like me but I find it hard to beleive he’s straight. I asked if we could talk in person again, and by chance saw him in person (he acted like nothing had happened) where he said we could talk later, but he then started sending me insensitive messages telling me I was attached, making a big thing out of it, when all I wanted to do was diffuse any awkwardness. He has apologised since then over Facebook but we don’t talk in person anymore and he avoids me at the society. We’re both on the exec so I have to message him sometimes but apart from that there’s no contact. I guess what I’m wondering is did I do anything wrong? and does it sound like he’s bi or had any feelings for me? (drunken kisses happen but you don’t get off with a guy after getting off with a girl if you’re straight)

jl19606
    jl19606
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 12:12 am #96333

It would be wise to move on. No, you didn’t do anything wrong, you were seeking some kind of clarification on the matter. Not to be unkind, but it seems as though he’s made it clear that he doesn’t want any sort of romantic or sexual relationship with you. Bi or not, it would be best to keep it professional and above the table. You’ve already put yourself out there, told him how you felt, there isn’t anything else you can do.

Tommo95
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 8:55 am #96339

Thanks for your reply! I think that’s the hardest part for me, accepting that I didn’t do anything wrong. I’m definitely gonna try my best to move on with my life, it’s just a shame to have effectively lost a friendship over something so trivial.

Tommo95
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 2:50 pm #96410

Thanks for your advice!