Did he lose interest?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did he lose interest?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nylle623
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 2:04 am #131966
    Did he lose interest?

I need your opinion guys! So a little over a week ago a friend set me up on a date with a guy. We hit it off really well and he asked me for my number and said he wanted to go out again sometime. He hasn’t reached out to me at all. He told my friend that he wanted to ask me out again to get to know me, but I haven’t heard from him. I see him frequently at the gym and he will constantly stare at me from across the room (especially if another guy is talking to me), but he never approaches me or says hi. I said hi to him once and he was very friendly, but he won’t come talk to me first. I find it really strange because we hit it off really well (or so I thought).
    My friend said that he was engaged last year and has had a hard time dating again. Why did he act interested in the beginning and stare at me at the gym now, but not ask me out again or talk to me?

Jennay23
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 11:39 am #132017

Could be a number of different things. Perhaps he’s not wanting to come off too eager, especially knowing he was engaged last year. Maybe he has a lot of other things going on. My advice would be, the next time you see him at the gym say hi and that it would be fun to get together again soon. Keep it light and simple. “We should grab coffee sometime”. See how he response. Whether you hear from him after that or not, at least you’ll know.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 11:51 am #132020

he is probably wondering if you were “just being nice” or “really liked him” b/c he probably sees you as somebody who is friendly with anybody or guys in general. SO.. you need to somehow show him that you treat him differnetly than stranger males. Show him he’s different.

yes.. this is the mentality a lot of guys go thru (“well if she can so easily talk and be friendly with any guy that walks up, maybe she doesn’t like me after all…. i’m just another “guy” to her”)…