DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did I act too much like a nice guy.

Author
    Comments

• EBarbz
    Participant
    September 28, 2016 at 2:26 pm #112776
    Did I act too much like a nice guy.

I met this woman a few weeks ago. We’ve hung out and gone on dates the past 3 weekends. She lives 30 minutes from me & we are both working full time so weekends are the only time we can go out.
    This past weekend she texted me about her being sick. Was throwing up and feeling awful, I offered to come over and help her feel better. She said she didn’t want me to see her like this. I mentioned it was a good idea to go to the doctors if it continues.
    Next day I text her asking how she is feeling. She replies “feeling much better”. I told her I was glad to hear that, and texts continued a little longer.
    Did I act too much like a nice guy too soon? Did I do the right thing by offering to help her feel better? I tend to overanalyze and overthink everything. She told me the biggest quality she looks for in a guy is how nice he is. I don’t want to scare her away by offering to help and expressing that I actually felt bad she was sick. I don’t want to look like im moving to fast with this

chrisb9992
    Participant
    September 28, 2016 at 10:57 pm #112807

Be you

krukrungy
    Participant
    September 30, 2016 at 12:46 pm #112881

Just be you and do what you think is right. There’s no right time for being nice. Just follow your instincts.

billloper
    Participant
    October 1, 2016 at 6:42 am #112902

Showing that you care about her is certainly not a bad thing, especially if you are already dating her…

greenvold
    Participant
    October 1, 2016 at 12:43 pm #112905

Care but not enourmously. Live also your life for youself and results will come. But dont be an idiot to her too. Best is to care but not care so much that you get on her nerves

singsweatemoji
    Participant
    October 1, 2016 at 6:23 pm #112910

It was a nice gesture and definitely not weird given that you guys are dating. You weren’t overbearing or insisting you care for her, and you’re even a little concerned you overreacted so you’re fine.

SnitchSeeker07
    Participant
    October 2, 2016 at 11:46 am #112929

I honestly think that how you reacted was perfect xx

October 10, 2016 at 9:16 am #113520

EBarbz – that was a super sweet gesture. I don’t remember the last time a guy actually wanted to help me out when I was sick! Just be you!

sonder1234
    Participant
    October 10, 2016 at 12:48 pm #113650

As the other people above me have said, I think you’re fine. Women don’t really have any sort of aversion to nice guys, at least as far as I can tell. It’s guys who act nice and friendly but then expect something (even if it’s just a “chance”) in return that are really off-putting.

Austin Powers
    Austin Powers
    Participant
    October 11, 2016 at 11:09 pm #113825
    Reply To: Did I act too much like a nice guy.

I’m one of the nice guys and if I have to pretend to be less nice to woman to keep her, then I’ll stop seeing her and move on to the next girl.

mind_blown
    Participant
    October 12, 2016 at 1:26 pm #113924
    Reply To: Did I act too much like a nice guy.

I think your reactions were pretty appropriate.