Did I do bad? Because I think I did. Help please!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

whyhellohuman
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 12:05 am #138387

I really like this guy and we’re pretty good friends, we would always text each other at school and it was nice. I must add, that we have a very sarcastic relationship and we mainly would talk about memes, jokingly insult each other, and stuff that’s happening in Europe.I get this text out of nowhere because I had been making self-deprecating jokes that I didn’t mean, and, (he basically said, playground rules don’t include insulting yourself) and I was like okay, fine and made a joke. I sent him a text with a link to a video of a song about a girl who tells a guy she likes him and said watch this, please give me a response and he hasn’t responded, and it’s been a day. he’s given me so many mixed signals like calling me intelligent and would rather talk to me then most of the people at the school and then he’ll just ignore me I’m terrified I ruined a good friendship, but I really needed him to know that I felt that way because at least I won’t see him for a summer. Please help me.

shydater
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 12:54 pm #138443

I believe it would be best to be extremely clear with him. Write down all those thoughts you’re having so you can better understand how you yourself are feeling. If it’s possible speak with him face to face (although I know it’s easier said than done!) If not though, send him a message (not a link to a music video) explaining that you like him. He probably doesn’t understand what he’s supposed to respond with. Honesty is the best policy and you might think you’re being explicit with your feelings, but it’s likely he won’t understand that.
    Tell him you have a crush on him. You haven’t done bad, I promise. You just need to be clear and truthful.

Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 6:04 pm #138500

If he points out that you’re intelligent then it’s because that’s a trait that’s important to him. There’s a good chance he at least likes you, but he may be afraid of the same things as you.