Did I do the right thing?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Vesp8912
    Participant
    March 18, 2016 at 7:57 pm #96074

I’m looking for some advice on whether or not I have done the right thing in regard to this dating situation.

I started talking to this person online, we had been speaking for about a few weeks and he asked me on a date; and I accepted. A few days after I agreed to this date, a friend and I kissed; which I never planned.

When I woke up the next morning, I went online and explained to them that I don’t think it would be a great idea for us to go on a date since something happened between a friend and I, and it wouldn’t feel right as it would be on my mind. Needless to say, they were not pleased, and said some pretty harsh things to me.

Did I do the right thing by cancelling the date? I’ve never met them before, so it’s not as if we established an emotional connection. The reason why I cancelled the date was out of respect, I didn’t want to give off the wrong signals on the date, just to then tell him I won’t be seeing him again since I have feelings for someone else.

enjoyice
    Participant
    March 19, 2016 at 8:24 am #96083

If you think you have feelings for your friend then there isn’t really any reason to be dating somebody else. So it was probably the best idea! Just ignore the harsh comments and forget about it – its in the past now, can’t change that! Just focus on your friend.

(If it turns out you don’t have feelings for your friend then you could always try and contact them again but .. I’m not sure if that would work, sounds like the bridge may be a bit broken 😛 )

timbo31967
    Participant
    March 21, 2016 at 1:46 pm #96150

Well, the person you met online probably felt like they were played. I know this wasn’t your intention and admire you being honest and direct with the online guy.

CalebAReynolds
    CalebAReynolds
    Participant
    March 21, 2016 at 7:29 pm #96174

No one likes the honest ones. You did the right thing; don’t think too much about the what ifs or you’ll never move forward in life.

Superrocco3
    Participant
    April 5, 2016 at 7:17 pm #97141

You totally did the right thing, no need to give some other man the wrong idea when an event like that happens. Better to work the situation out and if he had been more understanding, might have given that person another chance. No need for that person to be rude