Did I do the right thing here?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

funnygirl123
    funnygirl123
    Participant
    August 21, 2014 at 8:13 am #59773

So my friend and I have known each other for about 3yrs. I have been waiting patiently for him to be ready for a relationship. He still isn’t [he said so]. We used to go to church together. Before he left. But I got to talk to him privately before he went… and I told him how I felt. After months of flirting and soulful looks between us, I had a hunch that he liked me back. But still wasn’t sure. So I told him and he smiled, saying that he wasn’t ready for any relationship yet. We left the room on good terms. I felt a little low. But also that we had grown closer. Now I am back to waiting. I really felt that I needed to say it before he left or I wouldn’t forgive myself. Thing is, I sometimes get the feeling that I spoiled things. That I should not have said anything. I may be overthinking this, but what do you think?

MaydayFate
    Participant
    August 21, 2014 at 2:12 pm #59806

Well for starters, he didn’t say he doesn’t like you. Just that he’s not ready for a relationship 😛 Maybe that’s actually true so you shouldn’t worry about that. I think you’re over-thinking it. I mean if all it’s done has brought you closer then why worry about it?

jackjohns
    Participant
    August 22, 2014 at 1:33 am #59846

Everything is fine. But don’t catch yourself waiting for just him. Explore your options and if timing is perfect you may just end up with him in the end but don’t stress it.

futurewendla
    futurewendla
    Participant
    August 22, 2014 at 7:08 pm #59877

Don’t wait around for him. I’m not saying to completely write him off – he may come around – but don’t limit yourself to pining exclusively over him. If he’s ready, he’ll come around and by that time you’ll either still want him or you won’t.