Did I get rejected or does she just want some time?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RejectedOrNot
    Participant
    June 2, 2016 at 1:09 pm #102027

I’ve known this girl for a while and she’s been my friend. I do know that shes pretty cautious with guys right now because she broke up with somebody like a year ago and he really broke her heart. We usually text each other at night like everyday and one day I mustered up courage to ask her out.
    She tells me as of right now she wants to be friends with me, but she also tells me it won’t be dating, but won’t be just a friendship either. She doesn’t want to get separated from me as a friend. Then before we both went to sleep I asked her “what are we?” and she replied, “somewhere in the middle for now.” What does this even mean? She agreed we should go out on a date soon but I don’t know how she really feels about me.

RejectedOrNot
    Participant
    June 2, 2016 at 8:19 pm #102056

Bump

RejectedOrNot
    Participant
    June 3, 2016 at 12:06 am #102062

Please help me out guys!

Desmonnd
    Desmonnd
    Participant
    June 3, 2016 at 10:27 am #102082

Tell her to put up or shut up. Tell her If she doesn’t want to be your girlfriend, you will find someone who will.
    If she doesn’t tell you something you want to hear, tell her you won’t vote for Hillary as a way of getting even with women, because she made you feel this way.

kaze
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 5:41 pm #102166

If you like her and trust her I would take her at her word. Sometimes people need time, better for her to take the time she needs before jumping head long into a relationship before she’s ready. To me it sounds like she does like you just like she says she does, but she doesn’t want to ruin anything by rushing ahead to quickly. She wants to be sure, because she doesn’t want to get hurt again. You should respect her for liking you that much that she doesn’t want to risk ruining it. It means she likes you for who you are instead of because you’ll sleep with her.

Melody
    Participant
    June 14, 2016 at 6:13 pm #103356

She just has her walls up. I’ve been in her situation before. Just give it time, hun. She’s probably just not quite ready yet. Patience and understanding is key.