Did I just get "ghosted"?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lauren3990
    Participant
    April 4, 2016 at 3:08 pm #96996

So I think I may have just gotten “ghosted” for the first time.

I’ve been seeing this guy for about 6 weeks. We would hang out about twice a week and he would text me every single day. I’m not a huge texter so he pretty much initiated contact every day. The last two weeks our schedules haven’t matched up and haven’t been able to hang out. So a few days ago I sent him a text saying I was off work early if he wanted to hang out. He said he was watching the game with the boys and call me later. He sent me a text immediately when the game ended asking what my plans were and if I wanted to hang out. I told him I was drinking a few beers with a friend and he could come hang out or I’d call him after and it wouldn’t be that long. Never heard from him again that night, or ever again.

It’s only been 5 days but for 6 weeks he would text me every single morning and now nothing. The whole thing seems weird. should I make contact with him or forget about him?

coldturkey
    Participant
    April 4, 2016 at 7:57 pm #97000

Maybe something bad happened to him? I would reach out one more time and then don’t do it anymore.

candy0929
    Participant
    April 5, 2016 at 11:21 am #97041

i agree with coldturkey. he has initiated the texts so maybe he is waiting for you to speak to him first. i think it will show your interest in him. hope it will work!

ntsd123
    Participant
    April 6, 2016 at 3:26 pm #97191

You’re definitely ghosted. If he isnt texting you every chance he has or trying to make plans with you, he ghosted you. If you dont text him for a couple days and hear nothing from him, he’s obviously working on another girl.