Did I let a great girl slip away?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GraphOfLIfe
    Participant
    April 27, 2014 at 2:17 am #51846

Hi!

I met this girl online (Ok Cupid). We messaged back and forth for about 3 weeks, and she really put a lot of effort into writing long (5 paragraph) quality messages. She asked me lot’s of questions and showed interest.
    I finally got back during the first week of April and asked her out to have some dessert at a very popular dessert patisserie shop. She enthusiastically said yes, but couldn’t do Tuesday so she suggested Wed or Thu and I accepted Thursday. Then she flaked and apologized, she was very busy because she needed to fly out of town that Friday for a Conference and a wedding, she would be gone for 1.5 weeks. She said even if she could meet, she wouldn’t be at her best. So I thought that was reasonable. 

We exchanged a few more messages when she was out of town.

GraphOfLIfe
    Participant
    April 27, 2014 at 2:19 am #51847

So the first date was 4+ hours great, no physical contact except a hug I initiated. I got her number after she said she wanted to do it again.
    Then during the week I asked her to walk and we did for 1.5 hour, I tried going in for the kiss at the end, but she said she takes more time to get to know people she met online. I said sure no problem.

We had our second date yesterday, dinner and drinks. Pretty decent conversation, and actually ended up walking around downtown and dancing in the streets to music off my phone. Ended the night with a hug. Ever since she had my number she never initiated contact but always replied fast. I texted her I had a good time and told her to plan the next date. She replied that she had a good time too.

I felt like she wasn’t making an effort to form a romantic relationship, so I straight up told her if she’s not interested to please let me know, because I’m not good at picking up these cues and don’t want to waste time. She replied let’s be friends

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  GraphOfLIfe.

GraphOfLIfe
    Participant
    April 28, 2014 at 8:41 am #51848

I threw a curveball during the middle of the week and asked her to go for a walk near our college campus, and we ended up going on a 1.5 hour walk on some beautiful trails.

There was no physical contact during the walk though, I subtly held out my hand as a gesture to make contact, but she didn’t do anything. At the end of the walk I tried to go in for a kiss and she turned a cheek. 

She said with online dating it takes her time to get to know people and she was sorry. She also told me she deleted her OKC profile, which she had done.

I said don’t sweat it and briefly talked it out. 

I was a little disappointed when I got home and apologized for making that move if it made her uncomfortable she said no worries. Then for some reason I asked if she was seeing anyone else, and she said one other person from OKC. I was a little disappointed about the kiss because I had been talking to her for more than a month by this point. She also had my number but never initiated contact.

GraphOfLIfe
    Participant
    April 28, 2014 at 8:41 am #51849

I threw a curveball during the middle of the week and asked her to go for a walk near our college campus, and we ended up going on a 1.5 hour walk on some beautiful trails. There was no physical contact during the walk though, I subtly held out my hand as a gesture to make contact, but she didn’t do anything. At the end of the walk I tried to go in for a kiss and she turned a cheek. 

She said with online dating it takes her time to get to know people and she was sorry. I said don’t sweat it and briefly talked it out.

I was a little disappointed when I got home and apologized for making that move if it made her uncomfortable she said no worries. Then for some reason I asked if she was seeing anyone else, and she said one other person from OKC. I was a little disappointed about the kiss because I had been talking to her for more than a month by this point.