Did I look desperate/needy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jabawok
    Participant
    May 17, 2014 at 12:51 pm #53086

I met a woman from an online dating site. We had a pretty standard initial meeting/first date for a couple drinks. I thought things went really well, especially after a recent streak of awful dates. At the end of the date, there was a hug and I stated we should hang out again sometime soon. When I got home, I sent her a text asking if she made it home safely to which she replied positively.

This is where I may have screwed up. The initial meeting was on a Thursday night. Friday around 530 pm, I sent her a text stating a had a great time and suggested an activity date for Sunday. She never responded. Now, I’m wondering whether having waited another day or two to say anything would have been better. Did I do anything grossly wrong here?

The unfortunate reality is I’m not actually desperate as I have no problem getting dates. However, I will admit I can’t help but being a little giddy when I meet someone I have a strong interest .

thisisthelife
    Participant
    May 18, 2014 at 12:59 am #53098

If you sounded desperate, it wasn’t because of the fact that the text was on Friday. But saying that your next date should be in two days was asking too much. You could have said “this weekend or next week.”

But if she gets offended that easily, she’s probably just not into you 😛

jabawok
    Participant
    May 19, 2014 at 11:49 am #53149

I agree it was probably too soon. At the time, I was looking at my schedule and it was really booked solid for the next two weeks and I didn’t want to lose any momentum. If I didn’t receive a response, should I just move along or give it another shot? Stupid dating rules!

loveanonymousstyle
    loveanonymousstyle
    Participant
    May 19, 2014 at 12:04 pm #53096

I think you did the right thing all the way around. You demonstrated that you are a gentleman in sending her a text to make sure she arrived home safely. I don’t think waiting an additional day, if a girl is interested would put her off. The thing with texting is that sometimes they don’t come through. Technology is not perfect. If you really like her send one more txt. You have nothing to lose. If she doesn’t respond it only shows she’s rude and not worth your time.

Good Luck!

loveanonymousstyle
    loveanonymousstyle
    Participant
    May 19, 2014 at 12:04 pm #53097

I think you did the right thing all the way around. You demonstrated that you are a gentleman in sending her a text to make sure she arrived home safely. I don’t think waiting an additional day, if a girl is interested would put her off. The thing with texting is that sometimes they don’t come through. Technology is not perfect. If you really like her send one more txt. You have nothing to lose. If she doesn’t respond it only shows she’s rude and not worth your time.

Good Luck!

stantheman
    Participant
    May 19, 2014 at 10:54 pm #53260

If I were you, I wouldn’t do online dating.
    I’m sure there are plenty of beautiful women in your area.

skzaman
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 6:32 am #53272

I suggest you to forget this hassle. Dating is for pleasure and self refreshment. Why are you taking tension like this? I use a social adult network for finding NSA relation loving girls and people. You can try that meet18plus.com as you will find so many options there for free to date and hookup. Cheers!

skzaman
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 6:35 am #53273

If I were you, I wouldn’t do online dating. I’m sure there are plenty of beautiful women in your area.

Dude, you should not say this as I also have beautiful women and girls in my locality. But, I also have to care for my reputation. I only go for those girls who also need a man to date with. Why should I try and spend time without any destiny? I use meet18plus.com

fassousa
    fassousa
    Participant
    May 24, 2014 at 6:32 pm #53706

Sorru I’m late.
    Well, I think that maybe you scared her a little bit. If she was interested but thought that is was to early to have a date she coud have postponed to the next week or so “What about next saturday” or something like that. But above all, she was very rude not replying you, at least to say no. I hate to have hope of future dates, prefer much more sincerity.
    So, if you texted her again and she hasn’t replyed forget her and go on!

Best of luck 😀

confusedgirlhere
    Participant
    May 25, 2014 at 4:42 am #53710
    Reply To: Did I look desperate/needy?

To be honest, regardless of whether you did something wrong or not she wasn’t feeling you. She didn’t even care enough to address what she didn’t like about it or try to make it work. If you are truly a good person then there’s nothing wrong with you. You have to find someone whose into you because you deserve that.

fil48
    Participant
    May 26, 2014 at 1:11 pm #53734

I would have to agree with others, if she was genuinely interested she probably would have responded. Better off finding someone more worthwhile.

anonymous1121
    Participant
    June 1, 2014 at 1:58 pm #54181

I am an online dater myself. I am a female. Girls live to be showered with attention from a guy she likes. If she was into you, she would have been ecstatic to hear from you. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but she is probably not interested. You’re better off without someone who can’t even tell you straight up!

pensfan123
    Participant
    June 1, 2014 at 9:24 pm #54185

Go for another man, she’s not interested.

draper101
    draper101
    Participant
    June 2, 2014 at 10:48 am #54211

Suggesting a date that soon may have freaked her out a little. I’d say text her again, or message her some other way and say “Look, my schedule next week’s looking pretty busy so wanted to do something Sunday. I realize though that may be too soon, so I apologize. If you wanna hang out again you know how to reach me.”

I know it’s not the 100% truth, but it gives things one more chance with the ball in her court. Now you can move onto other dates knowing you gave it another shot.

Anonymous
    June 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm #54280

I agree with all the different comments as POSSIBILITIES! Being that you are dealing with technology….you just don’t know! I have, many times, gotten texts sent to me that I did not get or somehow ended up missing. What if she dropped her phone and it broke and then she had to get a brand new phone???? So she would never have gotten your message! So….whenever I am dealing with someone who says one thing and then acting another way, I just ask. It’s the best way to create closure if needed. AND….just be you!!!! forget about the rules!!!! I have used the rules a million times and it is soooooo not fun! If I focus on just being me, saying what I want to say, texting when I want….then that other person either likes it or not….no games! It’s much more clear that way! SO JUST BE YOU!!!! What I would suggest is contacting her 1 more time and just asking for some type of response. I personally would leave a message instead of texting so that she can hear your voice.

1 2