Did I mess up or should I move on??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jc36
    Participant
    February 26, 2014 at 2:47 am #48447

met a guy online in December we hit it off from the 1st chat! Spoke every day literally morning, noon & night. We exchanged numbers, photos, conversations were great, we had an instant connection, never dead air, both agreed emotionally we hit it off. He responds to my texts right away, doesn’t usually text first. Distance is a concern for both makes things harder. 3 months later still have not met in person. He asked me out after 1 week online, I wasn’t comfortable then winter happened! I asked to meet over the weekend. He couldn’t & I said something stupid about being time to move on. Later I apologize bc that’s not what I wanted. I offended him, he said I was playing a game. Didn’t speak for 2 days, discussed it saturday but he’s distant. He continues to tell me I’m a great girl, if I was closer we would have met already, he needed some time to get things in order (changing jobs). I haven’t text him in 2 days haven’t heard from him either. Do I move on? Give him time then text? Help

Ilion
    Ilion
    Participant
    February 27, 2014 at 9:17 am #48507

Well, he senses that you are into him and he is keeping it ‘cold’. My suggestion is to let him now write to you first. If he is not writing, then move on.

I don’t like this type of games. I think that if you two really like each other, there would not have been this kind of communication lag. This means that something is wrong, it may be that he lost his interest, or in the first place his interest was in playing games and getting laid.

ninjalewis
    Participant
    February 27, 2014 at 9:27 am #48512

I would move on. If it’s been 3 months and u haven’t seen each other and now communication is starting to fade. Sounds like he’s lost intrest

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    February 27, 2014 at 6:14 pm #48563

It sounds like he feels the distance is too big of a problem and given your initial behavior he might feel you’re not worth the effort, unfortunately. I agree with ninjalewis, it’s probably best to move on.

pbx39
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm #49045

Some guys just like chatting. Fantasy relationship 🙁