Did I overreact like every girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

stella517
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 10:19 am #92546

So I’m guessing I overreacted here but I need opinions..
    So it’s only been a week mind you that we started seeing each other. First date was great. we talked, got to know each other and then slept together and I slept over. The second date was a few days after. We had it all planned out but last minute he bailed saying his co-worker invited him to dinner. He hasn’t told anyone about meeting me and keeps things private when it comes to work. I laid out that I was disappointed and honestly I don’t appreciate it when people bail last minute. He felt bad and met me an hour & a half later. We set another time to hang out 2 days after. He bailed on me for that one. He did have a long, stressful week and he said he feels so drained and asked if we can hang out another time? At this point I was disappointed because it’s the second time then I got to thinking all he wanted was sex. I was also thinking he was blowing me off or ending it.

stella517
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 10:22 am #92547

I didn’t want it to end so I texted him later that evening seeing how he’s doing and gave the inclination I wanted sex to make me relax…I haven’t heard back yet.
    I’m thinking I read too much into the situation and should’ve took it as is – that’s what my guy friends told me.
    But do you think he’ll talk to me again?

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 1:09 am #92598

Try one more time. It can’t hurt. If he cancels the third time just move on. You can’t change the situation. I am pretty sure he could find the time to meet you regardless if he has had a stressful week.

moveonfindtheone
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 5:44 am #92604

Hey there Stella517, I’m sorry to hear you are going through this.

My advice is move on from this guy, that means no more texts or any other form of contact. Brutal…sorry I don’t mean to be, my heart is with you, its just I have heard this so many times before. IMHO you say his actions have disappointed you already and you have barely reached a second date (and they would have disappointed me too, so I think you are right to feel that way). If that’s how he makes feel so early into the relationship, I can’t see it getting better, or you feeling any better about him.

Realise this, YOU deserve better than to be treated like this.

Can I ask, out of curiosity (and if you don’t mind saying of course) what made you decide to sleep with him on the first date?

moshi127
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 11:51 am #92785

Hey Stella517, I’m drawn to your posts because I’m going through a similar situation. But what you’re explaining happened to a friend of mine before and I would suggest you stop texting him. If he’s interested he’ll definitely reach out to you!

CaboWabo9
    Participant
    February 5, 2016 at 3:37 pm #93034

Yep move on.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    February 5, 2016 at 5:34 pm #93044

Forget about him. If he was interested in you he wouldn’t have pushed you to second plan and bail on your date. He would’ve done everything in his power to see you while counting the minutes. Answer mine please?