Did I screw this up? (High school)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bransonsavage
    Participant
    November 27, 2013 at 2:57 am #43595

I just want to know if what I texted her was really bad and why. So we are both 16 and we have been friends for 3 years. Neither of us have dated anyone and she isn’t the type of girl that all the guys are chasing. This summer we started talking all the time and we said we liked each other. We have been on one date that I feel went well (5 days ago). She is out of town right now and she texted me. We talked for about 20 minutes, then I didn’t reply. This was our conversation about 30 minutes later:
    HER: Are you asleep?
    ME: No, I’m just listening to music and thinking about you
    HER: Haha me too
    ME: Can I ask you something? You have to be honest
    HER: ok
    ME: I have to think of how to word this…
    HER: just say it
    ME: Do you want to be more than just friends? I know we went on that date and it wasn’t anything amazing, but I had a great time and I think about you a lot. ☺️

bransonsavage
    Participant
    November 27, 2013 at 2:59 am #43596

HER: Ya I guess I do but idk what my parents would say cause they are really pushing me to follow the strength of youth(our religious book that says not to date exclusively in high school) pretty closely
    ME: Haha no. I definitely don’t want to push you to lower your standards or anything. I just feel like we have a lot of chemistry and we are already kind of past just friends
    HER: I think I’ll have to think about it. I should go to bed though cause I have to get up at 630 to drive some more. Goodnight
    ME: Ok. I still don’t really know what I’m doing, I’ve never had a girlfriend or anything
    HER: Ok goodnight
    ME: Anyway, goodnight. You looked beautiful today

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  bransonsavage.

gsriggs1234
    Participant
    November 27, 2013 at 12:55 pm #43658

No you did the right thing by saying how you feel

brad23
    Participant
    November 27, 2013 at 8:51 pm #43662

agree you told her how you feel which is important, she used the time to go bed excuse because she didn’t no what to write back to you. Give her time and if she really wants to be with you she will reply with the answer you want. Try not to be any more pushy though, let it settle a but now 🙂

triton
    Participant
    November 29, 2013 at 11:37 am #43681

Yea man, just wait for her response, its best to leave it at that.

March 17, 2014 at 12:44 pm #49371

It’s best to find out sooner than later, so I think you did the right thing.

CarsonRengaw9
    Participant
    March 18, 2014 at 12:18 am #49405

You need to give her space for a few days. She needs time to think.