Did I screw up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did I screw up?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mdfl94
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 2:54 pm #124142
    Did I screw up?

Ok guys there’s this girl, let’s call her Carly. So Carly and I had mutual interest for awhile, but never really got to know each other until later around finals week last semester. We ended up going to breakfast right before I left to go home for school, but then we were 12 hours apart and communicated through snapping and texting all break. She’s a little younger than me (I’m 22 and she’s 19) and I didn’t wanna come across as the super creepy older guy so I asked her out to breakfast again, strongly saying it would be a date. I took her to breakfast and it went well, then dropped her off at class, and had no time to kiss her or anything. Anyways that night she stayed in and I went out and ended up hooking up with another girl as I wasn’t sure what I was with Carly. This girl wasn’t able to have sex that night but kept hitting me up the next day to come over and smash but I ended up not going over bc of Carly. Anyways Carly was supposed to meet me out that night but didn’t bc she…..

mdfl94
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 2:56 pm #124145

Got too drunk. She texted me apologizing for not making it out and then we started talking again and then communication stopped, her friends who were super about us started giving me dirty looks, and she was super awkward when I ran into her on campus. I go to a small school so everyone knows who’s hooked up and I have no doubt that she knows I hooked up with the other girl. We were nothing other than just interested in my mind when I did it so I felt like I didn’t mess up too bad, but did I? What’s my next move I’m pretty into her.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 4:02 pm #124161

yeah u messed up. just swithced perspectives and see how you’d react.

you talk to this gal.. goes well. she invites you to breakfast and you say yes twice… drops you oaff to class… you don’t meet her for a night b/c you got drunk. next thin you know everybody is talking about how ON THAT NIGHT she hooked up with another guy.

how do you feel about that?

mdfl94
    Participant
    January 25, 2017 at 10:05 am #124359

True but we weren’t anything. Never even kissed. Had we kissed I wouldn’t have gone back with that one girl.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 25, 2017 at 1:55 pm #124469

stil doesn’t take away from the fact that you screwed up your chances with that girl. again.. reverse the situation .. would you be jumping up and down to be with that gir that did that to you if it were reversed? Probably not.

in other words.. whether you were together or not she sould’ve screwed it up with you…

you did the same with her.

woodj3
    woodj3
    Participant
    January 27, 2017 at 11:45 am #124782

Dude, lesson learned? At 22 I made a lot of mistakes with women who I was attracted to and was very confused by my feelings and what relationships meant to me. 11 years later I’m still learning. There is nothing saying you can’t be transparent with her and talk to her when the dust settles. I’d ask myself if I was ready to get into a relationship if I want to hook up with other girls. By you saying she got drunk and thats why she couldn’t get together with you also makes me wonder if you are almost looking to push a little bit of the blame off on her so you can feel less guilty. It hurts knowing someone is hurt by your actions. We all look for ways to feel okay when we make mistakes. You made a mistake. You weren’t official with her but your actions before the relationship should reflect the kind of person you are and the kind of partner you will be.

Floralnochip
    Participant
    January 28, 2017 at 11:23 am #124848

I say take it ask a lesson learned! There are other girls out there!

Anonymous
    January 28, 2017 at 12:37 pm #124853

hello greetings to you (aliceroussel24@hotmail.com)
    It is nice and joyful to find your profile .I thought is
    beautiful to make you a friend in this regard.
    My name is Alice, i will like you to contact me direct to my box (aliceroussel24@hotmail.com)
    for easy communication, because i am not often here in this .
    Alice